I want a chip to turn on the fan earlier. Where?

GrnTrunk

Ok. My father has a 93 SC. The cooling system works fine but the car definitely runs on the hot side as the factory intended.

I would like the CPU to run on the fan earlier. I researched and saw the info on cutting the #14 wire, etc, but I would prefer just to have the fan kick on earlier.

Where can I buy a chip like this????
Thanks,
Saul

cool fan switch

Hundreds cheaper, and fine for a stock implementation. Mn12 performance used to sell them, but they are at Jegs and Summit.

Not only will the chip be able to lower the fan settings, but it will allow for all kinds of modifications. For more info, take a look at www.apten-us.com and talk to Brian Herron there. I highly recommend it.

-Rod

Go with Apten

I installed an Apten chip in my'95 SC after doing 180 degree t'stat, SCP exhaust, and 5% overdrive blower pulley. The chip really improved overall performance bigtime. By the way, mine's an automatic. Anyway, it does run noticably cooler, judging by the temp gauge.

I can't wait til I'm able to afford Stigmeier heads/cam, and some Magnum Powers bolt-ons.

Go with Apten.

Don Klitzke
Prospect, TN

I'm really enjoying mine on my 95 auto. This was my first mod and I could get 2nd gear scratch with it by shifting manually.

Back