Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: AOD Tranny Experts??!!

LEN HAS BEEN GREAT.IS EVERY THING YOU SAY.AND MORE.

Its just me .Still cant get the shifter right.Maybe My standards are to high.

Been to all the trans shops in my area.They can't built a AOD either.

All the other transmissoin that have been in the car adjust right.They just
    fly apart inside.I would at least like to drive the SC and be able to burn the clutchs up some time.

I have spent close to $20,000.00 in parts.A lot of them I have not installed
    yet.I think I will just forget the trans,And finish with my other mod plans.
    Then buy a trailor with a winch to haul my SC around.

There is no way that I would sell my SC to someone.I would be afraid that
    they would shoot me or burn my house down.I am sure they at least would hate me,after buying this mistake for a car.But I highly reccomend any one to
    buy a MN12 or fox chassis birds with stick shift trans, but not a SC with auto trans.

This is a nice thread by Mike 38sc on AODs.Just not for me.So I do not want to have to answer any more ?? about my failures.Start a new post.

Thanks Randy
    Last edited by Randy N Connie; 10-16-2004 at 12:47 PM.

Fianally got the damn thing back! I think the guy gave up on trying to make it a better transmission. Shifts like a slug. It has one more major problem that my very un-educated guess would pin on the throttle valve. Whenever the tranny is in neutral, or park the idle speeds up to around 2500. Am I looking at the right area? I am extremely reluctant to take it back where it has called home for the past 15 months. Also now, both windows just hum, like they too, are in neutral and will go up and down only with manuel assistance. Thanks, to every member here for the help I have received.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE 38sc
    Well theres a limit on the size of PM's, 1000 characters. I was WAY over the limit. You just cannot talk about auto tranny's in a 1000 characters to someone just learning. LOL!!!
    Maybe the best route to take would be doing this through email, then you could do write ups on your journey that could be posted on the site somewhere to help others. I think that would be a nice addition to this site as theres really not much indepth talk here on the subject. Nothing would thrill me more than freeing the SC people from the rip off artists out there.
    Everybody out there knows we are pretty much on our own because VERY VERY few mechanics know anything about our cars, nor do they understand them very well.
    Everythings about money anymore. The majority of SC owners own these cars because we love them, not because we can make a buck off them.
    It really saddens me to hear of a young guy or gal spending 1000's of dollars fixing there SC up only to find out they got took or got very little in return for there money.
    The owners of SC's need to learn as much about working on all aspects of these cars so it would be more affordable to own one.
    All they need is the knowledge and some mechanical skills, its not rocket science, but there are people out there in the world that would have you beleive so.
    Really, if these cars are going to survive, we as owners and lovers of these cars are going to have to educate ourselfs better or we are going to be at there mercy until everyone gets tired of it and gets rid of the car.
    I would hate to see that happen.
    I'll second that notion!