AC query, can i take out the...?

SCobsessed

Hey

It occoured to me today that since my AC pump is shot, and all my freon has leaked out. Maybe I could just take out that stupid condensor from infront of my radiator and intercooler, and make my car run a little cooler, possibly add a couple ponies?...
So my main query is....Will this improve the way my car runs in any way, and can i do it without screwing anything up?
I am certian the car would run a little cooler without that thing in the road of the rad....and Perhaps a few ponies out of a "cooler" intercooler.....?.....is this atleast a somewhat accurate assumption

Keith

I had a tempo I took the condenser out of and it ran so cool I didn't even need a fan. The only time it would even start to get hot is if it was 100 degrees out and i was stuck at a stop light.

It probably won't make much difference because of the closed front end of your SC. These motors are know to create alot of heat that doesn't dissapate very well. The rear is where most of the heat build up is #3 and #6 are usually the first HG's to go. Wouldn't hurt anything to try it .

I hope you can delete the are-con because I did today .

I was changing my head gaskets.And all that crap was in the
way.So I went to town and bought the tool to remove the
spring locks from the air-con hose ,so I could remove the lines.
I t was a wast of time and money to buy the spring lock tool.
Because I still could not get the lines off,so I got out the hacksaw
and cut them off.Wished that I would of did this a year ago.
air-con lines have always been in the way.

I also remove the tank against the fire wall ,it had wires hooked
to it I hope that it was allright to unplug and delete this plug on
the tank.Don't know yet.

Every thing looked so good after removeing the air-con trash.
I started pulling out the heater hose.from the manifold
to the fire wall and the tube that raped around the back off the motor
to the other heater hose that was the heater line for the throttle body.
And replace it with one short 2 1/2 foot line.Now I should be able to
change the spark plug on the passenger side from the top after
I just remove the coldare pipe.

And I think I am going to reroute the heater hose and oil cooler line
on the drivers side to.

Seems like I remove about 40+ pound of crap that didn't work,And
replace about 15foot of hose with 4 foot of hose.When finished.

Should be a lot better to work on.And a lot cleaner engine bay.

RANDY

a/c stuff

When I replaced the head gaskets in my 90, I pulled out all of the a/c components, minus the compressor. There didnt seem to be a change in the temp. Now I need to find a way to get rid of the ugly compressor. Any ideas anyone? Maybe replace it with a pulley? I also had to cut the lines near the firewall, even with the proper tools.

cool thanks

i think ill be taking out the system .....still deciding though.....thinking i might want to fix it someday so I have to figure out what i want to do with it.

Keith

Back