eec 1V PROCESSOR

creeperxr7

will a EEC-1V proccessor from a 5 speed fit and automatic SC or do i have to find an automatic EEC-1V proccessor.

I Know the EECM (electronic engine control modules), also called ECM or IRCM are different for 5-speed and automatics some california cars are different do to emissions. So in order for it to process correctly these would have to be correct.

The IRCM is not the same thing as the EEC. The IRCM is the Intermittant Relay Control Module, which controls the electric radiator fans and is located behind the passenger side headlight. The EEC (aka PCM, computer, brainbox, etc) controls and receives inputs from the engine and the transmission (especially on 4R70W equipped models, 94-95's).

-Rod

What up Racecouger. Please Explain . Some pictures would be good to. Perhaps one of eec and one of what you call a Intermittent relay control module . Do we need 24 pins just to control a fan.

YES I DO. That is a classic. I was hopeing for a picture of a eecm,ecm,IRCM or Intergrated Relay Control Module. I lack a quality camera or I would attempt this myself. I have seen some diagrams of this module in past threads. I have been told it does more than control the fan speed. This could just be heresay. Does anyone Know the answer.

well mine is a 1990 sc i think mi eec is going out becuase it does this strange thing. ill start her up rpms kick up to about 2000 to 2500 then settle but after its warmed up if i turn it off for any reason the car wont start no more

Have you done a compression test. to check for bad HG's. sometimes if water is getting in after car has sat for a while it will start up because water evaporates and the Fuel injectors will make you engine run even with bad hg's. when you shut it off the water gets in and floods your cylinders.

Here is a pic of the EEC. It is located in the passenger side kickpanel. Notice, it doesn't have a 24 pin connector, but instead a 60 pin connector.

EEC.jpg

I wish I had an IRCM handy to take a pic of.

-Rod

Race couger.I wish you did to so people could understand what we are talking about. IS that a 5-speed eec. I have extra eecm (IRCM) for a five speed it was in a wreck and dented. I really want to Know what these 24 pins are for . I can't seem to get any straight answers for counter guys.

The part that you have is an IRCM, NOT an EEC. The EEC that I have pictured is from a 94 Mark 8, but the only difference that you'll notice between this EEC and the one for your application is the four digit code found on the gray connector. If you need me to pull out a 5-speed EEC and take a pic of it just to prove this, I will.

You've actually bugged me enough to pull out the wiring diagram for a IRCM from a 94 SC (auto and 5-speed are exactly the same). Here it is:

CCRM%20diagram.jpg

This gives a rough description of what each pin goes to.

I can post the EEC pinout diagram if you'd like.

-Rod

WOW that is great. Thanks. No need to show anything else. That is plenty for tonight. I might get back with you tomorrow. Hey have you ever used one of those super chips or hooked up a tuner to your eec if so what did you think of it. Did it make enough of a difference to matter.

If you're considering installing a chip, I'd highly recommend that you speak to Brian Herron at Apten (www.apten-us.com).

Brian has tuned my splitport tbird on a few occasions now. I'm running a flip chip, with one setting for 87 octane fuel and one for 93 octane.

To answer your question, yes, a chip can make large improvements, especially on a modified setup.

-Rod

Oh, and I will be out of town from tomorrow morning until Monday afternoon, so don't expect me to reply until I get back.

-Rod

This thread has confused the h*** outta me!

If anyone is REALLY asking "Can you use a 5 spd EEC on an AOD", the answer is no. There are actually 3 versions for a '90: 5 spd, AOD w/EGR and AOD wo/EGR. They are not inter-changeable.

Lee

Back