What to do w/ this AOD?

Jeremy_K

Today my transmision lost overdrive completely. It has been acting up lately and now it's spent. I got rear ended this morning to top things off. I need to know what's the cheapest route to get it fixed for right now(the tranny). All I have is whatever money I will get for my smashed bumper. I haven't called any shops yet and it doesn't seem like they are plentiful on the parts for sale. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. _Thanks

Be very careful where you get a tranny from. If you look a few posts down, you can read about the trouble I am having with a rebuilt AOD. It really looks like the shop that rebuild it didn�ft have a clue about what they were doing!

Sounds like the overdrive band is shot, if you continue to drive the car that way you will cut grooves in the drum and that will have to be replaced also. To replace the OD band the tranny will have to be removed from the car and torn completely down, so its rebuild time. When looking for a place to fix it keep in mind the actual price of that part is $19.00 and the rest of there quote will be labor, and labor is not cheap on these cars. Should you need a drum as well add another $47.00 to the eqaution.

Check duanemyhre's post on the AOD. I poted some info that applies to your problem. Jump in there and I'll try to help you both.

Back