Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SC Shootout - Match Race!

SC Shootout - Match Race!

We need to set up some friendly match races for the Shootout. Who's gonna be there and who wants to race?!?

XR 7 DAVE,

I will race that stubby little car. How about a SWB match race.I bet
    you can take gldiii ! Line up and smoke his a$$.

randy
    Last edited by Randy N Connie; 07-26-2003 at 07:49 PM.

Well, I don't think we can speak for George, though I wouldn't accept a match race with a car that is not evenly matched. SWB 005 would smoke my butt on 4 cylinders.

As for the SWB 003 vrs the Randy and Connie Special, I don't think that a MP equipped car is a very fair match to a bone stocker. However, if you really want to....

What I was really looking for is someone to make it worth my while to bring the XR7......

ouch.

I'm in. Do you know what kind and brand of matches we're using.
    SCCoA Member #247
    Hardcore TBU #5 (in tow)

Ok, so far we have a MP equipped auto that wants a piece of SWB 003, and we have Duane playing with matches. Wassup guys? If I have to I will drop a couple mods onto the SWB so we can run, Randy. Only thing is I was really planning on running the SWB for Stock ET Challenger and I haven't recieved confirmation on what penalty I have to pay for being 8" shorter....

Chris???

I want a piece of the swb003, if I can have any peice, I want the blower and the body

OK granted I havent read the rules in a while, but earlier on in the planning stages I read that you couldn't race in the stock class if your a/c was missing completely or just other stuff because you can gain a 75 lbs advantage over cars that have them in the stock class yet Sparky here is being able to compete in the stock class in a car thats been shortened all sorts of inches, has a rear seat delete AND that hood and a whole bunch of other crap???

Alex

Well Dave I'm going to do my best to make it their..So I'll gladly take you up on your match race offer with my 94 auto. Only Magnum powered peices I'll be running is the inlet and Throttle body...Best time I ever ran was a 15.1@89mph...So it should get a handicap:O)..However being the sport I am I'll run heads up:O)
    They don't call me "SLOWPOKE" for nothin!
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

Damon, no new motor by the shootout?

Al, you are just mad because the SWB is faster than yours. Actually, no one said I could run it in stock eliminator. Hence the
    I haven't recieved confirmation on what penalty I have to pay for being 8" shorter....

Chris???
    Besides, it still has working A/C and I seriously doubt it weighs much less than a stock SC.

Well.....New motor....However still only 2 Magnum, Powers peices!..And of course a stocklocation IC with Stock IC tubes..I'm hoping to break out of the 15's..Stilll
    They don't call me "SLOWPOKE" for nothin!
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

There is nothing in the rules, in the stock class, about the wheel base.

In the rules it states you need a back seat.I don't remember if it
    stated would need to be a stock rear seat or just one or two fiberglass
    seats that weigh 3 pound each.I would velcrow them in to save
    weight in the SWB.

If its not writin down, isn't it allright to do.

Since its legal to run nitrous in the mod class.
    Would it be allright to run nitro.It only two letters shorter,
    isn't thats close enough.

I think the complete rules that are being followed.Are in
    the NHRA rule book.

IN a match race there are no rules other than saftey rules.
    And the agreement made between the two match racers.
    HEADS UP.Run what ya brung.
    Last edited by Randy N Connie; 07-28-2003 at 01:06 PM.

dave, I'll run you with my stock blower, "stock looking" 94sc if it's back together by then

Brian

Hmmm, Brian I can't imagine you putting the motor back together without at least a pretty healthy port job, and seeing what results have come from the "port job" I assume you will be using, SWB ain't coming anywhere near you!

Damon, sorry I wasn't refering to you when I made the comment about the MP parts, that was for Randy since I know he has the whole MP deal. I'm even a little more apprehensive about the DIII blower you have than a MP setup.

For the record, I am trying to decide which car to bring to the Shootout.

If I can line up a good run for the XR7, I will bring it.

If Chris will let me run the SWB in Stock Eliminator, I may bring it.

If I do bring the SWB, I will match race it also, but I need to know what mods I can do and run Stock Eliminator (Chris??? or even if it will be allowed). I will only match race other cars which run in Stock Eliminator, and additionally, it must be a motor which has not been apart since I trust you guys about as much as I trust my mother-in-law.