SC Shootout - Match Race!

XR7 Dave

We need to set up some friendly match races for the Shootout. Who's gonna be there and who wants to race?!?

XR 7 DAVE,

I will race that stubby little car.:D How about a SWB match race.I bet
you can take gldiii ! Line up and smoke his a$$.

randy

Last edited:
Well, I don't think we can speak for George, though I wouldn't accept a match race with a car that is not evenly matched. SWB 005 would smoke my butt on 4 cylinders.

As for the SWB 003 vrs the Randy and Connie Special, I don't think that a MP equipped car is a very fair match to a bone stocker. However, if you really want to....

What I was really looking for is someone to make it worth my while to bring the XR7......

Ok, so far we have a MP equipped auto that wants a piece of SWB 003, and we have Duane playing with matches. Wassup guys? If I have to I will drop a couple mods onto the SWB so we can run, Randy. Only thing is I was really planning on running the SWB for Stock ET Challenger and I haven't recieved confirmation on what penalty I have to pay for being 8" shorter....

Chris???

OK granted I havent read the rules in a while, but earlier on in the planning stages I read that you couldn't race in the stock class if your a/c was missing completely or just other stuff because you can gain a 75 lbs advantage over cars that have them in the stock class yet Sparky here is being able to compete in the stock class in a car thats been shortened all sorts of inches, has a rear seat delete AND that hood and a whole bunch of other crap???

Alex:confused:

Well Dave I'm going to do my best to make it their..So I'll gladly take you up on your match race offer with my 94 auto. Only Magnum powered peices I'll be running is the inlet and Throttle body...Best time I ever ran was a 15.1@89mph...So it should get a handicap:O)..However being the sport I am I'll run heads up:O)

Damon, no new motor by the shootout?

Al, you are just mad because the SWB is faster than yours. :p Actually, no one said I could run it in stock eliminator. Hence the
I haven't recieved confirmation on what penalty I have to pay for being 8" shorter....

Chris???
Besides, it still has working A/C and I seriously doubt it weighs much less than a stock SC.

Well.....New motor....However still only 2 Magnum, Powers peices!..And of course a stocklocation IC with Stock IC tubes..I'm hoping to break out of the 15's..Stilll

There is nothing in the rules, in the stock class, about the wheel base.

In the rules it states you need a back seat.I don't remember if it
stated would need to be a stock rear seat or just one or two fiberglass
seats that weigh 3 pound each.I would velcrow them in to save
weight in the SWB.

If its not writin down, isn't it allright to do.

Since its legal to run nitrous in the mod class.
Would it be allright to run nitro.It only two letters shorter,
isn't thats close enough.

I think the complete rules that are being followed.Are in
the NHRA rule book.

IN a match race there are no rules other than saftey rules.
And the agreement made between the two match racers.
HEADS UP.Run what ya brung.

Last edited:
Hmmm, Brian I can't imagine you putting the motor back together without at least a pretty healthy port job, and seeing what results have come from the "port job" I assume you will be using, SWB ain't coming anywhere near you! :D

Damon, sorry I wasn't refering to you when I made the comment about the MP parts, that was for Randy since I know he has the whole MP deal. I'm even a little more apprehensive about the DIII blower you have than a MP setup. ;)

For the record, I am trying to decide which car to bring to the Shootout.

If I can line up a good run for the XR7, I will bring it.

If Chris will let me run the SWB in Stock Eliminator, I may bring it.

If I do bring the SWB, I will match race it also, but I need to know what mods I can do and run Stock Eliminator (Chris??? or even if it will be allowed). I will only match race other cars which run in Stock Eliminator, and additionally, it must be a motor which has not been apart since I trust you guys about as much as I trust my mother-in-law. :p

Dave..

Being everyone is pushing MP...I figured I'd just state that I'm not running one of their blowers or any fancy front mount IC :O)..Just a lil ol (non stroked) v6 and a measly lil stock located IC. I mean I should surely get a handicap!!However....

Randy....I'll match you one MP inlet and TB..... and raise you one ESM D3 Blower!

Now what gears to get,,,Just got me one of them there aluminum pumpkins and a real life posi unit....Hmmmmmm

See ya on the big end :O)

Damon slowpoke Baumann,The only MP parts I have
on my stock motor is the MP intake plenum.I have a
C&L 76MM MAF & a 75mm BBK throttle body.
MP 3/4 inch top..And my MP blower. And it got a lot
of miles on it.I might be able to limp it over to the track.

I only dyno at 250 about 4 month ago.But if ya really want to.
I don't know. we are new to this car drag racing. :eek:)

Last edited:
Randy, you are one funny guy.

Please, the XR7 shows 236K on the ODO and only has 125psi compression so I don't want to hear any whining. Oil pan has never been off it either. Thing leaks like an SOB, might have to reseal it this winter. :rolleyes:

SWB

David,

As long as the SWB weighs in the general neighborhood of an average SC i.e. 4000lbs it can run with the same rules as everyone else.

What is the update on the sponsorship?

BTW have you registered yet?

Damon,

You mean to tell me I did a complete driveline yank from the anny, a complete yank form the 93 and then reinstalled it all and you ain't gonna have the BIG HP to bring? Oh I think its more like you got something up your sleeve.

Chris...I have no idea what ya talkin about!!!!:D
However It is a good posability that I might just have something up ma sleave..But in all reality...I'm not sure yet..Seriously :O)

Back