Pic of correct PCV valve

fastsc92

I need a pic and or a part number for the right PCV valve for the SC. I looked it up at work (car quest), but it dont look right. The one it called for was all metal...with a threads on one end. it was straight by the way. Whats the correct one? Auto lists it as a #164...and thats what the ford part number crossed to.

Not sure, just found my reciept and I got it straight from the Ford dealer, it says E9SZ*6A666*A. Hope this helps, bought mine back in March. It was black plastic.

I just replaced mine from FORD
(Motorcraft part #EV-145 OR use E9SZ-6A666-A) Both are on box.
I read somewhere that they are designed differently for SC's to "Seal boost"?? Is this correct guys?
I attach pic of old one. Also there is a elbow that comes with it. (on left)

Attachments

• sc pcv 38.jpg
    sc pcv 38.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 514
I do believe that the SC PCV valves are specially made to handle the boost. I think that the cheapy ones you can get at walmart can't handle the boost.

the one with the threads on top...thats what the one was work had listed for it. But there is no elbow in that box. just an all metal pcv valve....pretty beefy. Anyways....so that elbow..is it plastic or rubber..and it just threads right on the end of that??

I obtained the PCV valve listed for the SC at Autozone and have had no issues after installation. The replaced unit was the original Motorcraft.

If I remember correctly, the new valve had a silver metal housing with a black plastic elbow attached to the end.. with a tiered structure at the end of the plastic elbow I assume to grip the rubber hose.

Installing a new Motorcraft Supercoupe specific PCV valve should be considered mandatory. It is designed to seal boost and many aftermarket PCV valves aren’t capable of this. The correct valves are rarely in stock under any brand; beware if they don’t have to order this part.

More at:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19261

Yes the PCV has a plastic elbow that attaches (If not already) to the PCV Valve. I bought one at a local parts store and it was NOT the correct one. It was just like you said, a big bulking thing with threads on the end. Needless to say it will not work. I ended up going to FORD for it. If your aftermarket brand worked, great! Much cheaper I imagine, but I only paid $4 or so for Motorcraft.

Last edited:
BobGPz
Not trying to change the subject, but that avatar is beautiful, what is it from? It really stands out.

Thanks for the info- I picked one up from Ford yesterday to replace the off the shelf parts store one I put in a year and a half ago... It was only $5.

but that avatar is beautiful, what is it from? It really stands out.

It is the front emblem on my hood of my 90 SC. I bought those blue raised SC decals from Super Coupe Performance. I got another on the back trunk lid just under and to the right of the FORD emblem. That one stands out even more. Glad you like. Thanks!

A different PCV part number.

I just took a look at another pcv this one came of a 89 super coupe with a AOD it is gray and much bigger then the one listed above which is from a 5-speed and is black.The part # for this one is EV-111 7L17.

Back