Underdrive Accesory Pulleys and other stuff

al35thsc

Does anyone know if Paul (BTM) carries aluminum underdrive pulleys. I know I saw some March's on Val's car, but he got them from Bill "Master of Markup" Evanoff. Since I'm polishing up stuff under the hood, I thought about getting somethign thats already aluminum. I know Summitt has the ASP's for about 169, but I'd still like the bling more than the black look.

Also, John I know you were the pioneer of getting the shorter AC condenser from one of your sources. I was interested in pricing since I kinda miss A/C in so cal :( I hope I kept my A/C dryer).

Finally, can all of you WAKE UP and start posting so I can do something at work besides pretend I'm working!!! :D

Alex

Dude...

It wasn't my car you saw those pretty underdrives on. I think it was Scnflt. You know the new guy with the sweet looking blue SC. But anyways...I want some too. Evanoff wants $180.00. I'll probably get them, got to hide them from the wife though, dropping a little cash on the Piston & Rod GP.

And...what do you need AC for, roll down your windows and drive faster. :) Did you happen to check out Ryan Harris' AC delete pulley? Looks good.

Oh, and one more thing...more of a tech question though. Would moving the oil filter like Kelly Simon's and a remote oil cooler bring the engine temps down better than bigger rad? If not, why?

Val

And Al...get back to work. ;)

I'm working, I'm working. I could have SWORN I saw them on yours when we went on the Julian cruise, I guess the altitude was playing mind tricks on me.

As far as the remote oil cooler, it helps keep the oil cool and helps maintain the viscosity of the oil. It does not help keep engine temps down because the oil wasnt meant to dissipate heat, it was meant to lubricate parts which keeps them from wearing.

Alex

It might, very minimally simply because most of the oil is in your oil pan. The cooling system is what cools your engine, not the lubricating system. You want a cooler car, get a Griffin, throw in 50-50 antifreeze/water and 2 bottle of water wetter. Wire the fans up, and make sure you have the plastic air dam at the bottom of the front spoiler.

Alex

Alex name what you need for ac I have extra parts free

just help me get rid of them have dryer what else, ?
no strings just take em off my hands.

Thanks for the offer, but I was kind of wanting them to be new to ensure they dont leak. I think I kept my old AC dryer but need to find it. I also need to find a place that can do the conversion from R-12 to the R-134 stuff fairly cheap, but dont exactly know what it takes to do it. I just need the condenser, the dryer (which I think I still have, but don't know if it works), and I think my old A/C compressor still works, it might just need oil.

It's about as hot as its going to get, and its bearable, so I might just put this on the back burner if its out of budget. I have no idea what the retrofit would cost, but the budget is 200-250.

Alex

Does anyone know if Paul (BTM) carries aluminum underdrive pulleys.
:rolleyes:

Come now Al, you know all you have to do is ask. No, I do not have an all aluminum set. I do offer and stock the ASP set for $175 shipped however.

Paul

*teehee* Last time I tried your PM box was full. I was trying to find out what brand of injectors was it that I got from you, the box didnt say.

Plus if you had said yes, maybe I could have suckered..err convinced some of the guys here to start a group buy ;)

Thanks for the link John, that price is really not too bad. Now to go to the shops around here and get a quote for the retrofit.

Alex

I dont do private messages any longer for the very reason you mentioned, too many people sending messages to keep up with. The email link in my sig has always worked well though:D You will have to refresh my memory on the size of injectors you purchased so I can look up the brand, I believe they are Holley/MSD. I have a few things in the works for aluminum underdrive pulleys, but it is on a long list of parts to have manufactured.

Oh, and one more thing...more of a tech question though. Would moving the oil filter like Kelly Simon's and a remote oil cooler bring the engine temps down better than bigger rad? If not, why?

Moving the filter and adding a remote cooler will help out in a few ways. Cooler oil (to an extent) will prolong engine life and help against thermal breakdown. It will also be lex taxing on the car's cooling system which is undersized to begin with IMHO. If it didnt help, and wasnt important to our cars, the factory wouldnt have integrated an oil cooler method into the oil filter housing. I have one on my car still waiting to be plumbed and have the filter attachement under the battery tray in the fenderwell. I would recomend eliminating the factory coolant lines that run around the motor (less to deal with and to leak) and just teeing them together so the climate control sensor mounted near the throttle body will still function (not equipped on all cars to my knowledge. You will need the fitting from a 3.8NA to eliminate the stock cooler. I will be offering a remote oil cooler kit soon, for more details on this, contact me directly.

Paul

Back