Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From LXV6 to SC

if you want a 5 speed 5.0, BUILD IT!

If you want a 5-seed 5.0, just build it. You can find everything you need on the internet and junkyards. It is a large task, but it is do-able. My friend has a 1990 stang LX 5.0 (he was originally lookin at birds, but opted for the stang instead) and when his transmission died he bought everything to turn it into a 5-speed and thats his current project. Meanwhile he is gonna help me build my LX into the ultimate sleeper!

Well when the engine goes in that SC I guess I'll jus drop a nice 5.0L in it. Maybe even go modular with a 4.6. Youve got an LX too huh? 5.0 or 3.8?

Has anyone out there seen an SC with the blower removed, and a normal intake installed? I wonder if the lil' V6 would be more reliable, and fun enough to justify the expense. If it keeps one more SC around, maybe it would be worth it.

Yes, i also have an LX 3.8. It may be gone by next summer though to make room for a nice cutlass (70-72). I am going to make it look and sound mean and sell it. Right now it is in HORRIBLE shape (i got it for free). I also was going to drop a 5.0 in it. It is a larger task than everyone makes it out to be. You have to replace lots more than most people tell you in order for it to run well and be reliable. The wiring is an absolute bitch. And also if you were going to go for a 5.0 dont get the T-bird 5.0, go for the mustang HO 5.0 from a 94+ stang. It is a much more high-preformance engine. But whatever way you go (4.6, 5.0, HO 5.0) there are tons of preformance mods intended for mustangs that you can use. Any of those engines is an upgrade from the 3.8 anyway. I curse for for using aluminum heads on a cast iron block...
    Attached Images Attached Images