Help!!! I need an SC mechanic in Westchester

M

m6t442

Help!!! I need an SC mechanic in Westchester

I recently brought my anniversary sc, to a Ford dealer to check out a squeaking and creaking noise comming from the front end. They thought it was the upper contol arm, sway bar bushings, stabilizer links worn and both front and rear control arm bushings worn. I don't if all of that can be true, if they installed new shocks recently.
Anyways, I didn't like that dealer, and wanted to know if there is a half-way decent sc mechanic in Westchester or Rockland or Connicut, even in Long Island for that matter. I don't mind driving extra if it means it will get good service. Thanks!

squeaking

If you've been keeping up with the posts, it is quite possible that alot of the front end bushings are shot.
Your Anniversary is 11-12 years old at this point and if these items have never been changed, they are probably worn. Cold doesn't help, agrivates noise.
I'm in lower Westchester and while I use a local mechanic I make sure I'm there when work is done. there are few mechanics that work on SC's. If you have a good,local auto parts store, ask them if they know anybody.
The last mechanic I used is very knowledgable on SC's and owns a Getty station in Brooklyn. If you're interested, email me.

Mark

Re: squeaking

tom go to the FAQs on the left (yeah thats it between Apparel and SC literature.look under sc mechanics and scroll down to new york these guys love scs and aren't afraid to work on them

Back