Sept 13 Meet DFW, TX. Road Race Training

Doug Franklin

DFW-SHO Club has scheduled the Motorsport Ranch in Cresson, TX just outside Ft. Worth for a club day. SCCoA and DFW-Lincoln LS Club has been invited. We need 20-32 cars and drivers. SHO has 8 commited. I need to know who is interested enough to send the $95 fee in advance of the meet. We would like to keep this limited to MN-12 and SHO cars if possible. Link: www.motorsportranch.com
Please read the e-mail below, as this is a deal.

From MSRanch:
"Doug,

Here is a description of the thing we do called a "club day" that gets everyone some basic instruction and some track time. It is designed to accomodate even drivers who have never been on a track before or have limited experience:

The plan and times can be modified, but generally, a "club day" consists of a group of car/drivers that come out to visit MotorSport Ranch even during a member weekend - the minimum number we like to do is 20 cars, the maximum is 32. The cost is $95.00 per driver. There should be one driver per car, no sharing of cars. We allow passengers on the two "lead and follow" sessions, but not in the later sessions. Helmets are not required during the "lead and follow" sessions, but are required for the open sessions later. MotorSport Ranch has a supply of helmets for rent for $10.00 each. Each driver and passenger is required to sign the necessary insurance waiver.

Participants arrive before 1:00 p.m.
Beginning at about 1:00 p.m.
Intro and safety meeting
Lead and follow session #1
with pace cars
no helmets required
passengers allowed
Classroom session
Lead and follow session #2
with pace cars
no helmets required
passengers allowed
Classroom session

Beginning at about 5:00 p.m.
Break into two groups
more experienced
less experienced
Run two 25 minute sessions per group
no pace cars
helmets required
no passengers allowed
alternating sessions
up to 20 cars on the track at the same time
passing allowed only on the two longest straights
drive as fast as you feel comfortable with

Someone from the club is usually responsible for dealing with all the participants. It is highly recommended that the organizer of this event accept a non-refundable deposit (or payment in full) from the interested participants as a firm commitment of their intent to show up.

This program has proven to be a winning combination, is well structured, safe, and accommodates both the beginner and the more experienced drivers.

There is no problem having many cars and spectators show up, but we must limit the number of cars participating in the track sessions to 32.

Saturday seems to be the prefered day for a "club day" at the Ranch. As I look at the calendar for September, the only Saturday available right now is the 13th. Some Sundays would be available if you wish to do that.

Best regards,

Jack Farr" (owner MSR)

Guys I if we can do this I can give information on hotels, or for those willing to sleep bag it I do have an old beat up house in Cresson that is empty. The club house is finished with restrooms and showers at MSR. Let me know soon those who are willing to pre-pay. I need to get with Donald French at DFW-SHO when we have enough. franklin@cowtown.net
Doug Franklin

Back