Smoke coming up from under intake hose?

syphon

Whenever I start my car and it's warming up (or even when it's warm and running) a little bit of smoke comes up from underneath my intake hose.

It varies... sometimes there's no smoke, sometimes there's little smoke, but it's never enough to make me worry. When the hood is down, you can't tell at all (meaning there isn't enough smoke coming up to go out around the edges of the hood).

I'm pretty sure i'm not leaking any oil, as every oil change I still dump out almost a full 5 quarts.

Anyone have an idea of what could cause this? Any known issues down there?

smoke.jpg

its oil from the valve cover gasket dripping onto the exhaust manifold. even a small amount of oil will smoke when its heated up.

PCV Valve come loose or hose popped off? It is right under that area. Does it do it when the engine is completely cool at start up? If so oil from valve cover leak could not heat up that quickly to cause smoke.

Yeah those pesky valve cover gaskets are cheapoh!!

I suspect PCV more than valve cover gasket.

It does smoke almost immediately after startup. I know the exhaust would heat up real quick, but it smokes immediately.

What would i need to check/replace for this?

Look under there where the PCV valve sits and see if you can see anything. I am not sure but I think I had to pull TB to get at it. If you do look around in there for bad hoses and vac lines. If you cant see it, then let me know and I'll post picture when I get home on my computer...heck if youre in there you might as well replace it for only $4 ...part number, do search for "correct pcv valve part number" I posted pic of correct one last week.

Back