Updated pics of my motor setup and exhaust *MAJOR

V6Sprout

Well we finished the car today, sounds AWESOME with the exhaust done, damn meanest sounding V6 I have heard in a long time, I forgot how much I love my lumpy idle :)

Anyways here are some pics.

First off a few pics of my uncle welding under the car, his hoist is only setup with a Phase 1 motor, so it doesn't have a lot of juice to lift a full weight car, it usually only lifts cars with no motors so he can do the frame work, thus the reason why its only so high and my unlce is sitting under the car welding :) I fit under it fine. In these pics he is welding up my exhaust.

uncle_tom_welding_under_car.jpg

uncle_tom_welding_under_car_2.jpg

A few shots of how we modified my h-pipe to clear the k-member. We basically cut the pre-cats off and welded in some straight pipe, here is the finished look, and a few pics of each side installed.

sc_hpipe_mod.jpg

sc_hpipe_mod_pass_side.jpg

sc_hpipe_mod_drv_side.jpg

sc_hpipe_under_car.jpg

A couple better shots of my lakewood lower control arms, my double adjustible uppers are in, just have to pick them up from my buddys house in NY (I had them sent to his house in the USA), then I can install them.

lakewood_lowers_rear.jpg

lakewood_lowers_side.jpg

I removed my hood latch for more air flow space through the grill, I need all I can get. My horse was stolen anywys so I removed it as well. I now have locking hood pins, no cables. We welded a washer and a nut to the rad support then threaded in the post with a jam nut on it, works great. I still have to clean it up a bit, then remove the post and paint the washer so it matches the car.

hood_pins_post.jpg

hood_pins.jpg

And the last pic, hummm, somethign doesn't look right here. My car sits great, about a 1 inch fender gap but my front a-arms sit rather slanted, not to mention major bump steer going on here. I am gonna raise the car slightly for now, then get a bumpsteer kit!

tie_rod_angle_huge.jpg

Enjoy!

Stay tuned for details of my first drive.

Back