Votes: 34 66.7%
  • TransGo

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • B&M

Votes: 4 7.8%

• Total voters

Melon

SCCoA Member
I'm planning to get a shift kit for my 'Bird soon and want to know which is preferred. From what I've read and little experience, I'm planning to do the Lentech Valvebody.

If either, TransGo or B&M, is more prefered - that would be great to know.

Thanks
-Andy "Melon"

don't know if you have already made a choice yet but i have an artcarr and it gave me a tenth of a sec easy but created on hell of a second gear scratch every time i am at the track and i shift to second i get around a 5 ft second gear scatch but it works well and only cost $100 from sccoa

It depends on what year car you have. Bill at SCP recomends the art carr for 89- 93 and the trans go shift kit for the 94- 97 models. Dont really know why but im sure you can ask him.

It depends on what year car you have. Bill at SCP recomends the art carr for 89- 93 and the trans go shift kit for the 94- 97 models. Dont really know why but im sure you can ask him.
Actually 94-97 is 4R70W. The consensus over at TCCoA is that any kit available for them is actually detrimental to the reliability of the tranny. The best (and cheapest) thing you can do for the 4R70W is the jmod and a transmission cooler.

Andy, Andy Andy you know which is the best. You already have a Lentech Tranny, which I still want:D. You know all the advantages of the Lentech vs the others, so why post the question? The others are cheaper to buy but the Lentech has more to offer

Ken

Andy, Andy Andy you know which is the best. You already have a Lentech Tranny, which I still want:D. You know all the advantages of the Lentech vs the others, so why post the question? The others are cheaper to buy but the Lentech has more to offer

Ken

This was prior to me buying the trans :) And I know you still want mine :p

I saw this last night and couldn't remember posting it - then saw the date :) Had me fooled too.

And yes - Lentech is still the best for the AOD in my opinion. No experience with the 4R70W except fo the JMod.

-Melon

so with the 4r70w is it best to get a lantech valvebody or reprogram the computer, im not looking for the best shifting or the hardest im just looking to reduce the lag of the automatic shifting, and its too smooth for me i would rather firm up the shifts a little and better performance!!

This has to be a near-record. A resurrected 4.5 yr-old post. :D
Wow. How the heck did that happen? I always check for new posts using the "New Posts" link near the top of the page. Why would this thread have popped up when it is so old?

so with the 4r70w is it best to get a lantech valvebody or reprogram the computer, im not looking for the best shifting or the hardest im just looking to reduce the lag of the automatic shifting, and its too smooth for me i would rather firm up the shifts a little and better performance!!

The best for the 4R70W is NO kit, just the jmod and a cooler. If you can afford it the jmod is even better with a flash/chip.

Wow. How the heck did that happen? I always check for new posts using the "New Posts" link near the top of the page. Why would this thread have popped up when it is so old?

My guess is someone found it and voted for one of the choices, which obviously brought it to the top. And not all of us think about looking at the post date :)

-Melon

I actually have a new solution. A buddy of mine "Dan Gilsdorf" has been researching it for years and finally has these valvebodies right.
I have used several with great results.
Alan

Edit I just looked at the time on this thread, uhm it showed up when I hit the new posts button....

Last edited:
He goes by Silverfox on most forums. I believe his website is silverfoxperformancetransmissions.com

I will tell him to register and tell the details, I am far from an expert on AOD valvebodies, they tend to tick me off.
Alan

He goes by Silverfox on most forums. I believe his website is silverfoxperformancetransmissions.com

I will tell him to register and tell the details, I am far from an expert on AOD valvebodies, they tend to tick me off.
Alan

I think he is a member here already.

Back