Raced a WRX

JoeyICU said:
i wish i could pick up a low miledge awd eclipse :(

yeah 6500 rpm dumps kinda scare me, id have trouble dumping at 5k to, my cars rev limiter is it 5400rpms, and it scares me that id launch higher or close to a stock 4.6 rev limiter, its crazy man, btw nice eclipse, and, doesnt 5000-5500 hurt your driveline also?

Thanks.. And no 5500 doenst really hurt it since I have to slip out the clutch to get any kind of good 60ft with those crappy tires i have on the car.. Im thinking about moving to DR's to see if i can clip off some 1.50 60ft's and possibly a 11.20-10.90 out of the car.. If I do consistent sidesteps tho im told ill leave the tranny at the starting line..

Have to jump in

First of all the post started with "raced a WRX" and ended up someones grandmother drives an SRT/4 or whatever. Get back to the original arguement of a SC versus WRX. Think of the real comaprisons here

03 WRX 93 SC
3000lb weight 3800lb weight
300 HP 210 HP
mid 13's mid 15's
$25,000 $17,000

Now these are guestimates but are close. For every 100lbs equals close to a tenth at the track. So adjust the weight and you have a 15 flat SC. Now take in the consideration the $8 grand you have to spend extra. What times are possible spending 8 grand on a stock SC. Now add the fact that a true SC lover or Ford lover is not a ricer. Give them the choice and you end up with a Bad *** mid 12 SC that had the heart and sole of someone put into it. And built by an AMERICAN. Thus beating the ricer by every aspect. Just my opinion, and like an arse we all have one.

Dahoopd said:
First of all the post started with "raced a WRX" and ended up someones grandmother drives an SRT/4 or whatever. Get back to the original arguement of a SC versus WRX. Think of the real comaprisons here

03 WRX 93 SC
3000lb weight 3800lb weight
300 HP 210 HP
mid 13's mid 15's
$25,000 $17,000

QUOTE]

if you say mid 13s you mean the sti, the regular WRX does not run that fast, and your underating the SC they run low 15s consistantly stock with a 5spd and a good driver

i beat an off the lot WRX sedan, prolly an auto but it got its *** handed to him, i won by a car lenght, he was shocked, this was after my exhaust install, so i think i gained a little bit quicker then 15 flat, and it was from a roll, and it was cold out, so yeah, i forgot what the point of this thread was a longgggg time ago lol

I see that none of you drive all wheel drive cars much! I have a 97 GSX and i don't dump below 5k any where from 3-5.5 the car falls on its face. 6,5k is the perfect launch on a all wheel drive car. All four tires are not locked in all time all wheel drive! The front is locked but the back two are limited slip. Unless you have the center Diff. welded or have spider gears installed then you will never walk a AWD side ways. The front will smoke while the back will not.. Mine will spine the front just enough to squeal a little at 6,5k pulling a great 1.62 60 foot. If you want to see a sweet AWD go to http://www.shepracing.com/sr_serv2.html

Turbong2001 said:
I see that none of you drive all wheel drive cars much! I have a 97 GSX and i don't dump below 5k any where from 3-5.5 the car falls on its face. 6,5k is the perfect launch on a all wheel drive car. All four tires are not locked in all time all wheel drive! The front is locked but the back two are limited slip. Unless you have the center Diff. welded or have spider gears installed then you will never walk a AWD side ways. The front will smoke while the back will not.. Mine will spine the front just enough to squeal a little at 6,5k pulling a great 1.62 60 foot. If you want to see a sweet AWD go to http://www.shepracing.com/sr_serv2.html

6.5k in an AWD GSX and you are spitting out the tranny.. And the front is not a locked diff.. its an open diff..

If your doing 6500 dumps in a 97 with a stock tranny i see you havent driven many AWD cars becasue thats retarded. If you slip the clutch a little and run it at around 5500 they launch just fine.

I never said they were lock in the front is limited slip, unless you put in spider gears or have the center diff. welded. I guess i just have a good tranny, i've been doing 6.5k launches in the car for about a year now and it gets it at least once a day. It's hard to ride the clutch out cause its an ACT 2,600 its real stiff. The clutch is in or out no happy medium. The front tires smoke alittle but not long. The only way your gonna walk an AWD car side ways off of a launch is if you have the center diff welded, or spider gear in the front diff. You would have to break all four tires loss. At the same time! 11.0 is good for a first gen. I should be there with my 2nd gen. next year. My buddy has a plymuth laser AWD he has been in the 11s for 5 years with a new but stock 92 tranny. Launching off the studder box at 7k. This has to be taken into acount that both our car run with stock street tires. They spin. Not slicks or radials.

Turbong2001 said:
The front is locked but the back two are limited slip. Unless you have the center Diff. welded or have spider gears installed then you will never walk a AWD side ways.

Turbong2001 said:
I never said they were lock in the front is limited slip, unless you put in spider gears or have the center diff. welded.

I have a BM Tranny 4 spyder center diff in the car and believe me i can walk my AWD sideways till the 60ft on a 5500 rpm dump.. With an ACT 2600 you can slip out the clutch.. It just takes some finesse... I find I launch quicker by slipping it out fast than just an all out dump.. My ACT 2600 is smooth like butter.. I guess driving a straight job 15 hours a day has really strengthened my clutch leg :D

see, what bothers the hell out of me, the "i hate *insert very large car segment* b/c they are powered by a *insert insult about engine* witch makes the car *sound bad/get crappy mpg/ handle like a terd* etc, etc

its all the same, saying you hate imports as a whole is goofy,se me, i hate some cars, i love most cars, i hate geo metros ( even then the turbo ones suziki made, still kinda cool), i hate astro vans, i hate wrx's, o wait i like those b/c there awd fast and get good gas miledge, my bad

ps - imports means you hate anything not us, like audi's bmw's benz's all that stuff, imports are anything that isnt made in the U.S., witch again doesnt work, a good bit of 'imports' are made in the homeland, so whats an import to you?

maybe its cuase im tired, im not try to diss on you who ever said they hated imports, i just dont get how anyone could dislike anything not from a US founded car company, i love cars to much to hate domestic, or import cars as a whole

Last edited:
JoeyICU said:
see, what bothers the hell out of me, the "i hate *insert very large car segment* b/c they are powered by a *insert insult about engine* witch makes the car *sound bad/get crappy mpg/ handle like a terd* etc, etc

its all the same, saying you hate imports as a whole is goofy,se me, i hate some cars, i love most cars, i hate geo metros ( even then the turbo ones suziki made, still kinda cool), i hate astro vans, i hate wrx's, o wait i like those b/c there awd fast and get good gas miledge, my bad

ps - imports means you hate anything not us, like audi's bmw's benz's all that stuff, imports are anything that isnt made in the U.S., witch again doesnt work, a good bit of 'imports' are made in the homeland, so whats an import to you?

maybe its cuase im tired, im not try to diss on you who ever said they hated imports, i just dont get how anyone could dislike anything not from a US founded car company, i love cars to much to hate domestic, or import cars as a whole

Agreed. I pass it off as jokes mostly though. It would be very sad if the contempt and hatred was actually meant.

Back