Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TCCOA TV Cable Adjustment

I've adjusted these things a million times and how that says to do it is not how I do it. You need a pressure gauge and a proper gauge block to hold the cable out the required amount. Then adjust the pressure to 33-35lbs idling (idle must be correct) warm in neutral.
    Thats the way every transmission shop i have ever worked in did it and thats how I do it.
    Alan

tranny

I just got a 92 xr7 the tranny shifted early from 2and to third to fast cable adjust made it better it shifts better now from 4th to third shifts to fast more adjustment should fix its got a leak above the shift linkage maby speedo got any ideas

tranny

ill try that cars worth restoreing one thing at a time got a lot of time just not talent cars got 116000 miles having troble geting some parts

Quote Originally Posted by john edwards View Post
    ill try that cars worth restoreing one thing at a time got a lot of time just not talent cars got 116000 miles having troble geting some parts
    Try what ?

Right or wrong, my TV cable is still adjusted the same way it was when I posted on the first page of this thread back in 2003.

David
    1991 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple..........10.910 @ 125.61
    2016 SRT Challenger Hellcat...............707HP/650TQ

My Garage

my car used to free wheel when downshifting from 3rd to second going uphill untill i took some play out of the shift down cable to kick in sooner

ralph

stupid question?

This may be a stupid question but since I'm learning on AODs please dont get mad.
    If the plastic inside the spring is broken on the TV cable, should that be replaced ASAP?

-Fernando

Quote Originally Posted by Nando559 View Post
    This may be a stupid question but since I'm learning on AODs please dont get mad.
    If the plastic inside the spring is broken on the TV cable, should that be replaced ASAP?

-Fernando
    If you're talking about where the adjuster connects to the throttle arm, its no big deal. The clip will crumble into a few pieces and fall off eventually anyway. In the past, I used a zip-tie and/or wire to hold the whole thing to the throttle arm and drove it like that for years with no issues. It can still be adjusted that way.

If you're talking about the cable itself, if any part of the cable is binding or not operate smoothly, then yes. If the outer casing on the cable is crumbling apart, that's not a problem.