Jim D's True SC Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot, in any sense of the word, believe I am sticking up for Jim here, but like I've said, he is entitled to say whatever the hell he wants about what is (or isn't) done to his car. If you're crazy enough to use him as the model for your own car, its your own responsibility to verify what he's done and copy it. It's not his job to tell you everything, plain and simple.

Granted, its lying no matter how you slice it, but lying about mods and drag racing have gone hand in hand since the first race between two guys on horses in 1382... ("My horse doesn't use hay, its raw Arabian hoof power".)

I remeber all the discrepencies..I just never saved any of em..Liek I alway said..Noones taking away that he went fast..Thats a fact..But the fact that hes alway slike.I did it with stock this all steel stock that blah blah blah//just gets old after while..Especially when youknow it isnt true

Just my opinion, some of you guys have way too much spare time. Get a life already. Do you really have nothing better to do than worry about what Jim has done to his car.???? And then spend time researching old threads to try and prove he's a liar. I think it is funny how one man (Jim D. ) has so much control of you people. Wow he is one powerful dude. Again GET A LIFE, buy one, borrow one, steal one, but do something.

1 sec one yr

dude it was faster than that,
if you ever read jims post you would read that it was not tuned on a dyno the tuned it at the track>

read all his latest post with a open mind and you will find the key words ,
he tells all if you read between the lines , I understand him .
for some reson some think he is a fool or cant tie his own shoe laces , dumb dumb dumb he has you fooled .

man is smart. has you thinking he was a fool Im going to do 11s .yeah right ! well he did it !

Im not squeezin yeah right well he is not yet!
but watch out when he does!

his et,s have droped due to on track tuning,
and driving tech,s
he has changed to a blower pulley ala coy miller,
as his blower was slipping,

we dont know maybe torque converters, shift points ,tires tire pressure,
launch rpm,engine temps, fuel, ,

+ he went from no sc for long time to driving it again takes time to get used to new power and charactoristics of it.

I personaly think we who dont turn the low ET,s should look up to those who do .

he proved the na sayers wrong , when he uses n/20 he will do it again,

how many times do the same people have to eat crow,
when he proves you wrong,

so let me take orders now how do you like your crow fried?
rotisery?
baked?
BBQ
once again jim will serve you your lunch.

I second that Dereck!!!!

Manny,
Sorry, been out of crow for a while. It's now cow paddies....lol

Kurt Sr

Last edited:
Guess your right Manny...Who cares if hes lying or caught lying..Or what he has done or not done to his car,,He went fast regardless..However him going fast will never help anyone else in their quest to go fast being noone knows what he has..Im not posting on this topic anymore..Its almost childish at this point...I will however say I plan 1/4 wise to be right there next to Jim wherever his time slips may go if I dont get kicked off the track first.(which is what usually happens with any of my street cars)

hey i like jim but

I like the dude but at times I too wonder, but as a friend I will keep my mind open and trust in jim . if Im wrong well it wont be the first time ,
if Im right well ive beleived in jim for along time.
not worth arguing over soon we will all see,

my moneys on jim telling the truth, so many have been under his hood , so many have looked for anything they can,

but jim is turning 11,s even though with the parts he has he should not maybe god loves him more than me ,lol

ether way 11,s is awesome. hope my crow stuff dont offend its just a joke.

so far I like all of you except that manny dude he is a $#@&
and he $#@% walks like a *^%#$%,
and ive heard he likes &*^%# sheep!

Truth and facts

First thanks to all that suport my effort!
I bought a Hypertech chip its one you buy its not burned for the car its geniric type we got it tryed it at Bakersfield thought it helped some but dident pulled it back out at the track.

The car studderd we never tryed it again it was to help the timing but dident all the Nor-Cal and SCCoSC was there watching me its a cheap chip not good for anything.

We ran 13's 12's and 11's with stock computer (No Chip)car ran its best that way so put it to rest facts are facts now we are going to an EEC tuner and rebuilt Trans test run it go from there.

Want to go 11.40s without any power adders than move it to 10.80's and beond if a power adder is used from mid 11's on it will be posted we are hiding nothing and never will.

"Silver Bullet team" thanks you for your trust and suport in your effort now lets get back to SC racing ;)

Last edited:
Just my opinion, some of you guys have way too much spare time.
I wish I had so much spare time. Contrary though, my time lately seems often spent explaining to newcomers how a guy like Jim is able to achieve the #s he is without any tuning when the rest of us need tuners or chips or nitrous. When you look at the time I spend educating people in comparison to the 35 seconds it took me to click search, type chip and save a screen capture then add about 90 seconds to post, its really no time at all now is it.

Russ is right, he is entitled to say whatever he wants publicly, however, I care about the SC community and hate to see people misled as Jim has continually done. Remember, everyone here was a newbie at some point in time. How would you have liked it if when you needed some information to modify your SC you saw the #s Jim and the other fast guys are running and followed their information just to have disappointing results because it wasn't true? Would you want to stick around a community of people like that? Here we have a great guy like George take over this community to get it back on track and reinstate the club's direction "Dedicated to the preservation and performance of the 89-95 Ford Thunderbird and Supercoupe and 89 and 90 Mercury Cougar XR7" and then you have Jim using it as his circus to make his ego feel better.

I will reiterate once again what seems to have been overlooked in my post "Personally, I couldn't care how he got to the 11s or how he goes faster if it happens, I just wish he would either tell the truth or not say anything instead of posting information that makes the newcomers think he is doing one thing when it isn't the truth." By no means do I feel Jim has any obligation to share info he doesn't want to or anyone else for that matter. I do however feel if he wants to be a part of this community and/or utilize this BBS, he should respect it more and put up (state the truth) or shut up (keep your mods to yourself while not misinforming anyone).

Jim, I have pitty for you, I can't fathom what it must be like to be a compulsive liar to get attention and I am thankful that I will never know. Ive met you and your father in person after speaking to your father on the phone when I sold him an ESM blower kit. Though your father spoke mostly while you remained quiet when we met, I got the impression both of you were decent people. It's sad, very sad indeed that the keyboard changes all that.

Paul

Paul,
For someone that does alot of reseach you just missed!
I've seen you on other boards quoting from our boards.

Before you posted this last post you should have went and looked at the N/Cal board of the SCCOA.

Jim D Sr lost his life last nite to a hit and run driver!

I'M sure you do not have to worry about Jim D Sr or Jim D Jr lying to you for quite sometime.

I'm sure anything else that you have to say, can't be much!

Kurt Sr

I am sorry to hear of his loss. I am also sorry I didnt browse the NorCal board quick enough for you Kurt. Still, I wish that upon no one regardless.
Kurt, please do not try to take advantage of their loss to imply I said otherwise.:mad:
I believe my statement below of Jim Sr. seeming to be a decent person sufficiently substantiates that as I have never accused Jim Sr. of being a liar. I asked that this thread be ended and everyone move on prior to today but that obviously didnt happen. Hopefully everyone will leave it be now so we can focus on more important things such as supporting Jim's family in their time of need as has been done for other members who have suffered this type of loss. If there is anything I can do, everyone knows how to find me. Again, my respects to the Jim and his family.

Paul

Well it looks like we agree on something!

To the modarator of this foriu: Please lock or delete this bloody thread!

Kurt Sr

I don't see what the big deal is.JIM D. is going to NHRA tracks and
following NHRA rules,or they would boot him off the track.

When I read his posts here on the SCCoA .He gives the very few that
he is competing against his best wishes, when he is ahead or behind
in the chase for the fastest.I think some that have summited a thread
to this post.Should pay some attention to JIM Ds. manners,and sportmanship
Instead of nitpicking how he arrived to his posted ET.,& MPH. records.
That were accomplish with the NHRA rules.Under the watchful eyes of
NHRA tech inspectors,that have forgot more about racing, than some know
about racing on this post.

And my best wishs go to JIM D. and his family.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back