anyone from southern pa or Maryland????

94TbirdSC

anyone from southern pa or Maryland????

hey guys my name is chris and i live in stewartstown Pa which is just over the Mason Dixon line by I83. I was wondering if there were any SCs in the area that would be interested in going to the track together or maybe just getting together for some fun!

Also is there a way to join the Mid Atlantic SC group?
if so shout me a holler!

Thanks guys
chris

Re: anyone from southern pa or Maryland????

I'm not sure exactly where you're at, but there's a handful of us near Pittsburgh, Pa.

And no.. I don't think there's any real official MidAtlantic club. At least I haven't heard of it anyway.

Later,
Steve

Stewarts town???? hmmm is that right out of wv? I live in morgantown. let me know cause actually i live right near uniontown, on the stewartstown road

Hey,

I live in Carroll County, MD, about 35 mins from the Mason Dixon line. I would be up for hooking up sometime.

There IS a Mid-Atlantic branch of the TCCOA. We have a bunch of people in it from MD, VA, WVA, PA, DE, NC, NJ, and a bunch of other states. The web site it www.mamn12.com. Check it out.

We are going to Maryland International Raceway October 18-19; if you can make it, come! It should be alot of fun and you can meet lots of other Tbird people!

Later,

Matt

Hey, I know this thread is kind of old, but I'll go grave-digging anyway.

Just get my 95 5spd SC yesterday. In the process of getting tagged and titled.

Anyway, I'm up in York, PA - just a stone's throw north of Stewartstown. Down near there all the time since the in-laws are in Glen Rock.

When I get a chance, I'll look into the mid-atlantic group, but for now, just wanted to let you'll know there's another SC in town now
evil.gif

Welcome to the group! I was up in York a few weeks ago, in Red Lion actually. And I have a good friend that goes to PSU at the Berks campus up in Reading.

Got a 5-speed '95? Pretty sweet man, I'd like to see that thing eventually if you can get down to a mamn12 meet. I'm pretty sure that up until now there was only one late-model (94-95) 5-speed SC in the group, so you will be a welcome addition!

Check out the site, and once again, welcome! If you ever need help working on your SC, let me know, and I may be able to come help you out, providing I have time!

Matt

Matt,

Thanks for the offer to help! I'm sure I'll be calling you out on that eventually :)

Actually, our mechanic (father-in-law's racing buddy) is down in Red Lion (Windsor, really), so I'll probably be down there too often.... First trip is Friday to get a look at this tranny issue (tech board).

Seems that most of the mamn12 meets are in VA. Not sure if I can get away to get all the way down there unless I also happen to be heading that way for business (when I'll prolly have a rental, anyway). Are there ever meets up in PA or MD?

Yes, we met at MIR in October, but that is way down in the southern part of MD, a 2-hour (only 1 1/2 hour in an SC :D ) drive from me. I've only been with the group since august or so, but I'm sure we will be meeting in various places in the year to come. Check out the boards, and let people know that you want a meet closer to PA! Then we both won't have to travel as far.

Oh, and I think I know what your tranny problem is. I explained it in the tech forum.

Matt

Last edited:
The official group for this area is the Mid-Atlantic MN12 at www.mamn12.com. However, most of those guys are based in VA or around DC.

I'd be interested in getting together with folks in this area though. Also, I am down in DE occasionally because of family too.

I just picked up my first sc, an 89. Its not registered yet, trying to do some resto on it before it becomes my daily driver. Then maybe think about joining up with some clubs and stuff, but my car is no where near nice enough to show or drag.

Is there any junk yards around here with SC stuff that you know about? Im about an hour or less from you.

Ripper,

What kind of work are you doing to your SC? I had to do a month's worth of work to my '89 to get it to pass inspection when I first bought it, so I know how you feel. Plus MD is crazy with their inspections. There are 2 SCs in junkyards in northern Carroll County, Md, but I dunno how much they have left on them, or how far up into PA you are located. One of them I just saw the other day, it's kinda my very own parts car because my SC is half built from parts off of it. It's pretty stripped though. No engine, I think it has the AOD still but I am not totally sure. Still got the wheels.

Anyway let me know what you are doing to your SC.

Matt

Im am about 30 minutes from the MD border, not too far up into PA on RT 82 or Rt 10 if you know those roads.

The car doesnt shift from 2-3 or 3-4 (quits shifting after first shift) so I gotta pull the valve body out and go through it.

Other than that I am just taking care of little things like power windows, electrical stuff to make it atleast 90% (nothing is ever really finished, ever! so I cant say 100%)

I just bought about every shop manual you can get for the SC and will be doing just about everything myself except for paint when I am done, the black paint on it is pretty tore up and faded or scratched to crap but the body isnt too bad.

I have a buddy that should be able to help me get it "inspected" no problem, emissions though may be tough!

Well then the AOD in this junkyard may be an option. I can get you their phone number if you would like.

yes, excellent. thanks!

I would like to get one to rebuild on a bench then just do a swap when its done.

I just was rooting around and came upon this thread...im from newenterprise Pa. about half hour away from breezewood. just wondering if theres any events our way..

Not from southern pa, but reporting in from 30 miles north/ne of Pittsburgh! Just got my car back on the road the beginning of this month after a 2.5 year downtime. Missed the quakersteak and lube meet off i-80 I believe in May! I am looking forward to having the car broke in and getting some bolt on parts for the solid bottom end. :)

Back