For Sale: Polished Aluminum 10% Overdrive Pulley

Bill McNeil

Slightly used, but in great condition. Much lighter than stock or aftermarket overdrive pulleys, and is 10% smaller than a stock pulley. This is direct bolt-on. No hub is required.

Asking $100. Email me at bill.sc@rogers.com

partsforsale006.jpg
partsforsale008.jpg
partsforsale009.jpg

Whats the weigth of that?

And also the 10% refers to the RPM of the blower, not the size of the pulley.

Good price for anyone who wants a 10% AL SC pulley.

Ryan,

I don't know the weight of it exactly, but if a stock pulley, or Hypertech 10% pulley is approx 2lbs, then this must be around 1 pound, or less. I'd say it's likely close to 10% less in size of the pulley also.

Hypertech 10% pulleys sell for $146 Canadian, plus tax through the Keystone catalogue, last time I checked (when Les bought his).

If 3.00" diameter makes the pully spin 1 revolution per unit time,
then to make the pulley spin 1.1 revolutions per minute tme,
the pulley has to be (1/1.1) x 3.00" = 2.727272......."

Last edited:
Jason, stock early SC pulley is 3.125, I believe, so 10% of that would .3125.

The 10% should measure up to 2.850

3.1250(stock) less 2.8500(10%)

is a differnce of .2750. Thats a difference of .100 of an inch.

Just tring to make sure we know what the 10% or 5% mean in terms of blower pullies. I also have asked around(with other pulley companies), they have told me that the calculations are to use the RPM of the blower, not the pulley diameter. The formula, using the diameters of the pullies is close, but not exact. Also keep in mind the ratios are using stock size pullies on the crank, SC, & jackshaft(if it has been overdriven at all too)

What would the performance increase be on this? How many more pounds of boost does it take it up to?
I got a '91 SC just incase it matters. :D :D

I was debating but if this is a good deal, I'm more likely to consider it.

-Sam.

Sam,

You can look to pick up 1-2 pounds more boost, which will give you noticeably more torque upon acceleration, and more pull across the power band. Cost vs horsepower, the ratio isn't bad.

This was my first mod back in the day, and at the time it made a big difference to me in the way the car performed.

Bill, what are the two screw holes for?

Sean still has $80 of mine, how bout $80 for it, you can just get the money off Sean since you see him more then me. I can also pay for hsipping down to me thats not a problem. Sound good?

those holes look threaded, kinda look like those quick change pullies. Maybe they have something to do with when they are made? Maybe they use those 2 holes to bolt the aluminum to the machine that cuts the pullies? I dunno, just thinkin out loud.

Sent ya an email Bill.

If you planned to remove that pulley often, those holes could be used for a very nice custom pulley puller!

Jamie, I completely forgot about mailing you that money since we don't seem to be hooking up this season, so if you'd rather it go to Bill for this pulley, just let me know. Otherwise, I can send you a cheque this week.

Cheers,

Sean

I was thinking the same thing Sean, maybe a custom pulley puler, that is what I am gonna use it for when I get the pulley, gonna make a custom puller similar to a PS pump pulley puller. :) Sean, Bill is sending me the pulley so just give him the $80, no biggy, I was in no rush to get it. :)

Back