do you guys think

R

red91sc

do you guys think

these mods I am doing will get me into the high to mid 14 range
already have-costom 2.5" full daul exhaust,slight ported and polished heads(maybe do a little more poting),b&m ripper shifter,removed air silencer,k&n cone filter,gutted cats
new mods-10% overdrive pully,daul friction clutch,ported exhaust manifolds,3.55 gears,(and possibly a aluminum flywheel)

If not, car needs a new driver...

Yeah, sounds like you can make it.

Just picking on ya' about the driver thing.

Re: If not, car needs a new driver...

actually I do need to get practice driving the bird again since I have been driving a slow ass 83 f 150(at least it is a ford),but I do need to practice getting off the line better so I can get away from all the wheel spin and hop

Not into the 1/4 mile...

But i do want to get into auto-cross. I love taking turns at high speeds, banking, gunning it on the straight aways. I just need to get my @$$ on a track where there aren't other cars and COPS.

I have the regular centerforce clutch for my SC. Didn't like the feel of the dual-force. My SC is a daily driver, and I wasn't comfortable with the dual force.

You should get your car dynoed. I'd be interested to see your numbers against mine. I will have some similar mods and what not done this summer.

not into the 1/4 mile

If I can get the bird done for carlilse I will be putting it on the dyno then unless I can find someone with a dyno before then and I can post some #'s for you.
I am not really into the drag racing either cause my reaction times suck big time,so I go micro sprint,go cart,and garden tractor racing(yes I did say garden tractors)on oval tracks around the area.
How does the regular centerforce clutch feel compared to the daul force,my bird is also a daily driver(when it runs),
Oh and also I saw in your last post that you have a 900 watt stereo system and was wondering what stereo setup you are running(what head unit,amps,speakers,etc.)
thanks

The 'system'...

I am running a Kenwood Excelon MD player in the lower DIN slot, and a slaved CD player with 11 band graphic analyse in the top DIN slot. I have a 600 watt 4 ch amp pushing 4 Infinity Reference 5x7 two-ways, anda 300 watt amp pushing a 12" sony Explode Sub. Both amps are kenwood.

I hope to get NEW kenwood excelon 6x8 two ways, a 600 watt (kenwood) 2 ch amp and a 10" kenwood sub this summer. I also wand to ad some capacitors (for the really low bass) and a new 240 amp altinator. It all just depends on the job situation.

I have both amps mounted in the spare-tire well under a sheet of plexi-glass. Looks sweet, but again, needs some work. Hope to have everything re-done for carlisle.

As for the clutch... feels like stock, only grabs 100x harder. I can pop the clutch in 2nd and break them loose. Had to get my fly-wheel reground and everything when i got it done.

the system

I just went out and ordered my dual friction clutch and throw out bearing and it will be here tomarrow morning(cost me $432 for all).Sounds like you got a pretty good system,hope you get it all fixed up for carlisle and hope to here it.

Can't wait...

I am itching for spring. I have intake parts all over my dorm room (TB, MAFS, raised top). I also have some custom stripes to put on. My SC will be so f-ing easy to spot. :) Not to mention hear...

Back