new member- big trans problem!!

P

p0werg0d

new member- big trans problem!!

i have a 90 sc with the dreaded aod. i just got it cheap. the car only has 77000 on it. i realize now why it was so cheap. after 3 days of normal driving the car feels "hung up" in second gear. if i put it in D it will hold in second until max rpm. at part throttle around 45-55 mph it will start to slip until i press full throttle and it will accelerate normal until max rpm. if i put it in OD it will act the same but after45-55 mph the rpms will fall to 1700. any higher speeds and the motor will free rev unless wide open throttled. then it will downshift to second. im assuming i got burned and this aod is trash. but if anyone has any experience here with quick fix it would save me around 1200 bucks.. i have tried moving the tv cable setting with no avail. it just modifies the point at which it will shift from 1st to second. and just for good measure- I STILL WHACKED A SATURN WITH NITROUS BETWEEN REDLIGHTS. other than this problem the car is pristine and i only paid 2500 for it. so its not a massive tradgedy yet. thanks guys!!!! john

Re: new member- big trans problem!!

John,
Where are you from? I would not adjust the TV cable. It set the pressure for your trans. If you set the pressure too high, you will burn the trans up.
I live near Phila, PA
Later
Ken

Re: new member- big trans problem!!

Post in the technical fourm, you will probably get someone who can tell you exactly what to do or check. This section has been pretty dead over the past 4 months. Normally this is used as get together, and general "car show/ meet" info as far as I have seen!

Back