Caravan of SC's to Carlisle?

S

Snadam

Caravan of SC's to Carlisle?

I know last year there were some groups that traveled from NJ to Carlisle together. Anyone plan on or want to plan on traveling as a loose group from philly(ish) area to Carlisle?

Adam

PS. I live right off the Turnpike at exit 27 (Willow Grove)

Re: Caravan of SC's to Carlisle?

When is the meet at Carlisle again? Appears I have missed the post, I live in Maryland, Severna Park. Might make the drive up for one day.

-Dale

Adam,
I believe a couple of us are meeting off the RT476 (aka blue route) on friday morning to head up. E-mail me at dkseegers@prodigy.net. Maybe we can get a few of us to get together. This weekend I am playing surgeon. I am swapping in my new motor.
Later
Ken

Carlisle

Svyn,
Carlisle is June 1st thru 3rd. Coming from MD you could head west to Fredrick, or north on 270/70 and then take 15 north from Fredrick. 15 will put you on the PA Turnpike one exit from Carlisle if memory serves me correctly. Shouldn't be too bad of a trip for a weekend. I highly recomend coming up if even only for one day (Saturday recomended).

Ken,
I'm trying to work out the travel details with the rest of my family, but it looks like I will be able to meet you guys on Friday and then Mommy and daughter will come up Friday evening. It's been a while since I traveled the Turnpike with other SC's and I would love to do it again. (sure way to get into trouble.)
Keep me informed as to what you guys plan on doing and so that I can take part.

Adam
awilliamson@snadnet.com

Re: Carlisle

Thank's Adam, went up there recently for the spring swap meet.. What a nightmare that was to get into. They had the tollbooth exit backed up 2 miles on the turnpike at 7:30AM! Sat there for a good 45 min or so to just get to the parking lot near the tank / crossway. Then latter that day there was some sort of backup to get out of the place, we ended up going down the embankment with the Durango and got onto the turnpike. Had to pay 9 bucks beacuse we didnt have a ticket, but people were waiting 3 hours and moved 7 car lengths (this was at the entrance to the lot!). Shesh what a mess that was, someone should be dragged by their well, you get the picture.. June 1st is my Birthday, not sure if I will make it up there. Will try though..

-Dale

Re: Carlisle

Adam,
No problem on keeping you in the loop on what is going on for friday. Oh don't worry about the turnpike, I have that in my back pocket. If traffic gets back up coming off the turnpike I also have another route.
Later
ken

where in the fairgrounds will you all be located. do you have room for one extra?

John
91sc blue 5spd

I do not know where in the fairgrounds we will be located, but when you register they will tell you where to go. If you are from Philly, there should be a caravan of us going. Youare welcome to join us.
later
Ken

thanks. i will be coming from the allentown area. a buddy and myself will coming down. i just want to check out and see if there will be sc vendors. i also want to look at the other sc's that i have been seeing on this site for years.

John

John,
your about an hour away from me.......I live in Limerick. I do not know if you want to meet me and we could meet up the other guys around King of Prussia. Please let me know. You can e-mail me at dkseegers@prodigy.net
Later
Ken

If any of you PA folk get around to it, think you can post up or mail me some directions from say, rt 80, the NJ Tpke or GSP (I'm coming from NYC)? Muchas gracias.

Ken S. and others

Ken,
As Carlisle is drawing closer and we are having more and more interest I think it is time we set a specific meeting time and place. Those who are coming from NYC, NJ or North (Allentown) can plan around the primary KoP meeting point. I'm thinking that the parking lot of the Plymouth Meeting Mall, near one specified store entrance might be a good place to meet. Any thoughts?

Not trying to steel your thunder, just anxious and excited about traveling with others to the show.

Adam

PS. I am going to bring my Auto X-Ray and laptop PC based scanner. If anyone wants to check their car for codes just track me down at the show and they are all yours.

Re: Ken S. and others

Anyone heading from MD / PA early saturday morning ? ie: 5:30 - ? Also does anyone happen to have a listing of when exactly the fairgrounds open friday - sunday? Much appreciated.

Edit:
Found the Carlisle site, incase anyone needs more info :

www.carsatcarlisle.com/Fo...01home.htm

To answer my question it opens at 7:00 friday / sat / sunday!

-Dale

Re: Ken S. and others

Adam,
No problem on meeting. I just have to get Pat and Dave in the loop. I am trying to get my car running. My motor went in and starting running like sh*t. I am trying back tonight. I hope to have her running by the end of the week.
Later
Ken
PS I just e-mailed Pat, Dave, and Jeff

Russ,
I will e-mail directions tonight. I can get you from NJ turnpike.
Later
Ken

The Loop...

Dave's already IN the loop, and unlike that black POS you call an SC, my car actually runs!!! ;o)
Me and MY nifty new double intercooler can probably still meet up with DiPersia boy and anyone else for that matter at exit 3 off of 476 and then we can meet you at KP. Sounds like we should have a decent convoy...too bad I have those 4 points on my license!!!!

Dave

Meeting point.

I was at the Plymouth meeting mall last night for the first time in years and I spent a couple minutes trying to scope out a meeting point. My feeling is that the best place is in the parking lot that sits directly between both Strawbridges & Clothier -and- Ikea. So if you come from the Turnpike west, Turnpike East, or 476 from the South and follow the signs to the mall you will be dropped directly in front of Ikea. Look towards the mall and you will see Strawbridges & Clothier. You should be in the lot that serves both stores. For those coming from the North I think that the North East Extension also drops you into that lot, but I am not certain. Even if it doesn't it is NOT hard to find. Now, what time do we want to meet. I think the best would be to base it on anyone else's meeting plans that have already been set. Dave, when are you meeting and when would you logically be able to make it up to the Plymouth Meeting Mall?

If everyone interested in going wants to send me their email address I will set up a quick distribution list on one of my servers and we can coordinate that way.

Adam

Re: The Loop...

Ward boy is alive!!!!! If I see you blazing by me, I will know who has my double Intercooler. You are going to be lucky this year. I will not have the miles on the new motor to open a can of whoop ass on blue sc. Remember I still have stock blower and TB.
What time are you suppose to meet DiPersia boy? Let's see if we can all agree on a time. I am off that day and open for suggestions.
Later
Ken

Re:

Yeah, I'm still alive and ticking. It's been pretty hectic here in good ol' Barnesville. Pat had mentioned about meeting together down your way around 11:00, but I think that's a little too late. What do the rest of you guys think? My thought was to meet around 9:00 and get there for 11:00. Friday attendence seems to get higher every year down there. Also, if anyone traveling from up north down to K of P would be interested in meetingup with me somewhere just off of the turnpike, perhaps the Allentown service plaza, let me know (daveward@postoffice.ptd.net).

Later,

Dave W

Yeh yeh

Here's my $.02. The Plymouth Meeting mall works out well, was going to suggest that since it's just off the Blue Route as well as the NE ext AND the regular turnpike. Only problem I know of is that I don't know how to go from the NE Ext to the mall - I somehow miss it everytime I try to do it since it is a popular spot to meet.

The parking lot between Ikea & Strawbridges was also my next suggestion - very easy to get to, can't miss it. Might be getting crowded around that time, but sure it won't be hard to miss people.

As for a time, how does this sound? I say we all meet at the mall parking lot at 9:30am. BE there at 9:30, or at least plan to. We will plan to leave the lot BY 10:00am. This way, people that have a little bit of a hike don't need to kill themselves to get there real early as Friday at Carlisle isn't a critical day to get there early (Get there early and you WILL get stuck in traffic.) Any objections?

(Oh, and Dave, we can still meet off exit 4 of the Blue Route since I'm taking the Blue Route to the mall, but you pass the mall when you get off the turnpike, so it's a wasted trip down to my place for you. But then again, like I said, I have no clue how to get to the mall from the NE ext - I've only tried twice and messed up both times!)

Back