Thread: '89 sc for sale near QC's , IA super low miles

'89 sc for sale near QC's , IA super low miles

I've got my 89 SC 5spd for sale that I just cannot afford to maintain anymore and I'd like to sell it on sccoa before I head to ebay. The details:
    -119,478 on the odometer, approximately 40k on new motor and tranny
    -Car was originally white-then it was painted to mimic an anniversary 'bird-and now it is graphite grey with a thick maroon strip through the entire car, very nice color.
    -black and red interior
    -red seats-bolster just started to rip in the usual place, extremely small
    -custom smoothie bumper treatment
    -almost brand new clutch, about 3k
    -brand new upper control arms for the front-not even 100 miles
    -Original '89 SC rims with non-matching tires but great rubber left are included with this car. The cobra r rims and hankook 245/45/17 tires have less than 100 miles on them and can be included for an extra $900-otherwise they go to ebay
    -new headlight switch

The bad:
    - the reason I'm selling this car-I replaced the motor with a 40k unit in great shape because a blown head gasket destroyed my other motor. Did'nt want to chance it with this engine so I paid someone to replace the head gaskets before trouble began again-bad mistake. To make it short-the motor runs but idles at about 2000 rpm and I firmly believe the mechanic screwed a seal up or something because there's a huge vac leak since I got it back. He denies it-but I don't have the money to keep going like this nor the skill to fix something like this.
    -Parking brake knob is missing
    -sunroof switch needs replaced. Did'nt work when I bought the car & has never leaked on me.
    -There are no speakers in the car
    -oil pressure gauge does not work
    -security keypad on door does not work
    -cruise has never worked

asking 1500.00 obo

I will try to post pictures here. If it does'nt work email me at [email protected] and I will send them via email. Thx Mike

Mike,
    You have mail!