Thread: replacement sunroof switch retainer

Lightbulb replacement sunroof switch retainer

Would you be interested in purchasing a replacement sunroof switch retainer? I have 3 SCs with sunroofs and they all need this part. I am considering manufacturing one and of course the tooling costs are through the roof ... if enough people show interest in this part I will proceed. Post here if you would consider buying this part for a reasonable cost ...
    I'm not looking for a profit here just want to offset expenses for a group.

Quote Originally Posted by a70droptop
    Would you be interested in purchasing a replacement sunroof switch retainer? I have 3 SCs with sunroofs and they all need this part. I am considering manufacturing one and of course the tooling costs are through the roof ... if enough people show interest in this part I will proceed. Post here if you would consider buying this part for a reasonable cost ...
    I'm not looking for a profit here just want to offset expenses for a group.
    I have the same problem. I have not seen an SC that did not have the switch retainer broken. Has anyone found a replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by sd_iconoclast
    I have the same problem. I have not seen an SC that did not have the switch retainer broken. Has anyone found a replacement?
    I haven't heard from anyone but you on this ... so ... it would only cost us about $5000.00 each to tool up! LOL
    In the meantime I found one at the junkyard in a Lincoln Mark VI 4 door ... same part but also obsolete according to my friend at Lincoln-Mercury. Let me know if you find out anything more ...

Thanks,
    Phil