1990 5-speed vs 1996 Eclipse turbo

turbospeed

my mods: 5% pulley no cats , underdrive pulleys bhj balancer and leaking ic tubes.
His mods : greddy Blow off valve , greddy turbo , FMIC , MSD , some sort of electronic turbo controller. FWD. and looks hot as hell.

we raced three times, one from a roll from 40 mph , he was pulling strong , but after 100 or so he stayed at my door.

ffrom a standing point , i pulled 1 car in 1st and another in 2nd but in 3rd gear he was coming pettty close , but got him for about 1/2 car.

then again got a better lauch and only got 1 car in 1st and 2nd , but got him again by like 1/2 car :D

funny thing is he's a friend who had a 1995 V6 stang that i used to spank , then he got a 2k GT stang he kicked my *** but he had to sell it, , then got a 1995 base eclipse i kicked his *** then he bougth this turbo eclipse to kick my *** but the sc keept kicking his *** :D.

1990 thunderbird SC 5 speed 2500dlls
5% over drive pulley 75dlls
BHJ balancer 300dlls
Solid motor mounts 100dlls
underdrive pulleys 175dlls

racing your friends 8750dlls turbo eclipse that looks hot as hell and winning.....priceless

:p

Last edited:
Hmmmm......

LOL!!! You better watch out Dude because there is a guy that comes on this board who owns one of those Eclipes and he gets pissed off at those who beat up on one!:D :D :D
Not mean to be taken offensively!

Dirtybird91:rolleyes:

I dont get pissed off at anyone who beats on one.. In fact I congratulate you turbo on ur kill.. FWD turbo cars suck anyways :D I do however get annoyed when someone opens their big mouth and bashes on em just cause they have 4 cylinders and Japanese.. Those cars arent Honda's dont classify them as the same.. They are the Japanese version of a Mustang.. Cheap and easy to go fast.. The funny thing was as soon as i saw this post I KNEW dirtybird was gonna involve me in it yet again :rolleyes: LoL

KwikGSeX said:
I dont get pissed off at anyone who beats on one.. In fact I congratulate you turbo on ur kill.. FWD turbo cars suck anyways :D I do however get annoyed when someone opens their big mouth and bashes on em just cause they have 4 cylinders and Japanese.. Those cars arent Honda's dont classify them as the same.. They are the Japanese version of a Mustang.. Cheap and easy to go fast.. The funny thing was as soon as i saw this post I KNEW dirtybird was gonna involve me in it yet again :rolleyes: LoL

KwikGSeX!!! What's up! I was just trying to be funny man. I hope you are not offended. I like this topic because I have found the Eclipe Turbo's to be some very good competition.:cool: I was hoping that you found this topic being that it makes some good discussion.:cool:
Dirtybirdie

Nah Im not offended.. But i knew once i saw that thread that you were gonna mention something.. And i was right.. LoL Anyways i hate 1995-1999 DSM's.. Their turbos suck, they r girly lookin and if its FWD? Dont bother me with it.. turbo im just curious but what type of greddy turbo does he have on his car?

Dont worry Dennis youre not alone here. I bought a new one in 89 and still have it. I love the car its alot of fun. The car has been one of the most reliable I've ever owned, it has earned a spot in my stable for many years to come.
They may be a Japanese co. but they are built in america in Normal Ill.
They are like a Mustang in some ways because its amazing how you can get them to run with little or no money.:D ;)
Mine is the Plymouth Laser variante.:)

Ummm were all a little greedy.

Yeah, With the Greedy Turbo and Greedy B.O.V, I'm sure GREDDY was very GREEDY for someone's $$$$

As dennis pointed out the company is G-Reddy. Just ragging on you. :)

I had a buddy of mine that had a 1990 PLymouth Laser AWD and it was hella fast! At least to me. And the AWD didn't bat an eye when he took a almost 90º turn at 55mph.

Didn't have any pop below 3000rpm though. And when cruisng at highway speeds it was on the boil around 3000rpm.

Ugh dont remind me.. My car is a torqueless and HPless wonder till 4000rpms.. Sometimes i really do miss the kick in ur *** torque my old SC had at 2000 rpms.. Still be wary when u come up to a turbo one.. Some of these guys are running 12.0's on stock turbos, IC, fuel system and aftermarket exhaust...

One thing I have found out with the Eclipses are that they have a hell of a time getting into 13's. They seem to crank up to low 14's pretty easy at the track but have to have slicks or a lot of power spooling up in there to break through that barrier. On the street the key thing is to not mess around if you think it may be close, you have to eat them up off the line and then see if they can catch up. Oh and KwikGSex, nice time with yours. Once those turbos spool up it sure is fun. I remeber driving my brothers 80's Capri and once that turbo spooled up, hold on.

:rolleyes: You guys ragging on this poor guy's spelling. Take a look at his location. He lives in Ensenada, BC (not British Columbia, Baja Cali in Mexico). How many of you can speak spanish as well as this dude speaks english. How many on here have a hard time speaking english in the first place and that's your FIRST language :D

tssk tsssk tssssk
Alex

Back