Poll On Sccoa Memberships

WERE YOU NOTIFIED OF YOUR SCCOA MEMBERSHIP AFTER YOU PAID?

• NO- I WAS NEVER CONTACTED NOR DID I GET A MEMBER #

Votes: 3 8.3%
  • YES I WAS CONTACTED AND RECEIVED MY MEMBER NUMBER

Votes: 31 86.1%
  • I PAID BUT TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT IT - THANKS FOR THE RMINDER...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HEY - I PAID - WHERE IS MY MEMBER INFO???

Votes: 2 5.6%

• Total voters

wwwtbirdforumcom

PAID FOR MY SCCOA SUBSCRIPTION ON 8/8/03 VIA PAYPAL - I NEVER GOT A MEMBER NUMBER NOR WAS I CONTACTED ABOUT MY MEMBERSHIP - ANYONE HERE HAVE A SIMILAR STORY?

I can give you the straight scoop without a poll. As I have posted before, the great bulk of the acknowledgements have not been sent out. I am trying to get these done, but it has proved more tedious to find old numbers and assign new ones than I had originally anticipated. I hope to finish up this weekend.

Everyone that has paid by PayPal has a receipt of that transaction. I'll be working the snail mail list first, since those guys do not have any record of payment, except possibly their cancelled check.

I apologize again for the length of time this has taken, but I'm working on it. No one has missed anything by not getting their member number or receipt of payment.

I'll offer a full refund of anyone's dues that is dissatisfied with my handling of the membership up to this point, with no questions asked. See my signature for my email address to request a refund.

In the next few weeks there will be full accounting of all the funds as well as new happenings on the boards. I hope everyone can hang in there with me just a little longer!

George, I am Very satisfied with the way you are handling this. I am happy to let u know i just sent out my money order to you yesterday. I am happy to now become an official member of the SCCoA. I been around for the Bill E ownership stages. And now i look forward to going into your ownership stage. Thanks for your time.

Jay

P.S. I am sorry to highjack your post man.

As for member access on the site, everyone who has paid via paypal or by check has had a member page created and has been notified.

If I can I will try to find my old number. I recall getting it given to me over the phone when ordering some parts back whenever, and was part of the bill. I take it there were not real clear records on this by Bill? Nothing against him or the past. Just curious.

The actual member numbers seemed to have been tracked pretty well. I have spreadsheets of member numbers that were tracked by Bill Hull and Bill Evanoff. Doug, your number is 1718.

Since I did not get all the requested information from everyone that joined, I have to try locate their names on the spreadsheet (accounting for possible misspellings), hopefully find an email address for them, look them up on the board membership to get a board user name. I also look through the information submitted on the form we had put up and see if they submitted a newer email address and gave me a clue on their username for the board. Then I can email them an acknowledgement and assign their member number to their VBulletin account. If I cannot locate their name on the sheets, then I assign a new number. It just takes time!

OK. Couldn't find anyway. Is the # tied to our name or our forum name? I finally just used my name for the forum instead of Avibank-SPS, or Road Runner, as in the past. I also had Altinet as email address at one time. Just curious, and thanks for all your doing.
Doug

Do we need number in profile?

Last edited:
wwwtbirdforumcom said:
well as I stated - I paid on 8/8 and have never been conacted about the membership - paypal id was sales@buycablesnow.com
Just have a little patience in the process of getting your member number. I paid via paypal on the 6th of August. Just today, I recieved an notification of my member number from George. Like George said, this is a slow process........Have Patience!

Cheers,
Calvin

everything went great for me , took under 2 weeks to get the info after paying through paypal:cool: thanks sccoa guys!

Back