Alternator options...?

bigcletus94

I am planning a very large sound system in the very near future and will definately need to upgrade the weak stock Alternator on my SC. What options do we have available for swaping in the stockers place? I know the SN95 stangs have a pretty decent factory alternator that fox body owners swap in their cars. Would I be able to take mine to a shop and have it rebuilt to output more amps? Thanks.

WoooPowww!!............. you aint kidd'in that is a large system!:D
I dont know ....maybe you can adapt one of those Powermaster alternators from Summit. Somebody here on this site did that and had some problems. I dont remember all the details, maybe a search would pull it up.:)

Wow! That is a lot of current! If you don't mind me asking, how many and what kind of amps are you planning on installing? You don't really have to tell me over this forum, I completely understand if you don't, but I have one pretty decent sized amp that requires a 50 amp fuse and I don't think that I drive the amplifier that loud that often. I still have the factory alternator and it's still holding up (knock on wood).

Wow! That is a lot of current! If you don't mind me asking, how many and what kind of amps are you planning on installing?

Not at all. I am planning to use all Diamond audio equipment. TDX 12" subs, Hex Seperates front and rear, and 3 D5 amps: 1 600.4 (75x4 for fronts and rears) and 1 1200.1 (1200x1 at 1 ohm!). I am starting to have second thoughts though. All of that extra weight in the trunk is starting to make me rethink my setup. Not to mention all of the time and money I will have to invest. I am going with all Diamond because I can get a great price through my work. I still would like to upgrade my electrical system to be prepared anyways. Thanks everyone for all of the info.

Back