SVT vs Cobra wheels??

rolltide

Hi. I have a question. I am trying to decide between the 17x9 Cobra wheels and the SVT 17x7 wheels. Which are better. Do the 9" wide wheels do much for handling and performance. I just got myself a set of Bridgestone Potenza RE 750's 245/45WR17's and now I need some rims. I like the SVT wheels because they look like real Ford wheels but I wanted chrome. Does anyone know where or if they are offered in chrome. Thanks

ebay, they have auctions for both silver and chrome wheels in 17x7 size, and if i can remember right, the 17x9 is a VERY close fit inside the front wheel well

where

I see the 17x9 Cobra wheels in chrome on ebay but not the 17x7's. Where did you see those, item #? Thanks.

Well If you wanna go with something different i would say the SVT wheels cause the Cobra's are very popular.

245-45-17 tires are going to need at least 8" wide wheels to mount up properly, and provide best handling ...

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

wheels

So why will the car not handle right with 245 series tires on the SVT wheels. If I go with the Cobras, it seems like the tires will be too narrow for the 9 inch rims. Is nothing offered in 17x8? With the 17x9's Cobras, does the car handle any better and do the wheels stick out too much making the car look "ghetto". In you all's opinion, which looks better on my 95 Mystic Blue SC, chrome or Silver?

Back