New Personal Best

forcfed93

Our "Club Clash" was a great sucess today and many new "Personal Best" efforts were recorded.

My Personal Best was set during my first pass of the day. It was about 9:30 am and it was 54 degrees. The air was fairly dry (60% humidity) and it was great for horsepower ........

I made the pass at: 14.601 at 93.55 mph. It was my best pass in all categories. I was elated to get my first sub-2.0 60' time too. The car only has two mods. (See sig below).

My timeslip is available on the club website at: http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/timeslips/mike14601.jpg

NOTE: I learned a lot about cold weather runs last weekend at the SC Shootout ..... so today I was running my Nitto's. I had NO traction issues all day. :D

my personal best too

I still don't know why your car ran so fast. She has 2 or so mods to it. That 1.9 60' foot was pretty nice too. I have so much more done than you, and only running 3 tenths faster?I know my car will run faster, I think my tranny is slowing me down.But a 14.30@96 isn't too bad, since my faster was 14.51@94 up in minnesota. :eek: thanks mike for the good time I had with the guys!!I learned alot of new things. That was pretty :D when I looked over at you when we where racing,and I look back to see giving me the finger cause I was beating you. OOO that was great.I will be sending some info to you later this week.
thanks

mark smith
licplate sc ya
14.30@96

Re: my personal best too

minn95scya said:
............... That was pretty :D when I looked over at you when we where racing,and I look back to see giving me the finger cause I was beating you. OOO that was great.I will be sending some info to you later this week.
thanks

mark smith
licplate sc ya
14.30@96

Mark,
Just for the record, I wasn't giving you the finger .......... I was just letting you know that you were number one! Dam, I thought I had you!

I actually thought I was going to be able to catch you on that run. I was slowly pulling you in ...... and if the track would have been about a mile longer I think I would have got you :D :D :D

RIGHT

Hope and dreams for you some day mike.If I was you I put more into that car, because it will hit 13's with a little bit more.O thanks for letting me know I was number 1.

thanks
mark smith
14.30@96

come on Mike- Closeness only counts in horseshoes and hand granades...or something like that:D. A great time was had by all; after a 12 hour rest I started editing the video and hope to have it up soon.

supercharged95 said:
come on Mike- Closeness only counts in horseshoes and hand granades...or something like that:D. A great time was had by all; after a 12 hour rest I started editing the video and hope to have it up soon.

If you have any good still photos I can use them too ....... I'll put them on the website with the others.

Re: RIGHT

minn95scya said:
Hope and dreams for you some day mike.If I was you I put more into that car, because it will hit 13's with a little bit more.O thanks for letting me know I was number 1.

thanks
mark smith
14.30@96

I can't afford to build two SC's so all of the upgrades and the money has to go into the 91 ........ It will be in the 13's for sure, and the "Hopes & Dreams" (as you put it), will become your worst nightmare :p

Just kiding ........ I had a blast and I hope you guys can make it down here again soon! Let us know if something is going on up there to. I-35 runs both ways! :D

Just don't invite us up to shovel you driveway out ..........:rolleyes:

forcfed93 said:
If you have any good still photos I can use them too ....... I'll put them on the website with the others.

No stills from me, but I'm stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil putting the video together. I'm done for the evening and so far it's about 11 minutes long. I'd cut it down but i dont want anybody to feel bad if I leave out their bird. So I figure a couple bucks a cd for whoever wants one?

supercharged95 said:
No stills from me, but I'm stiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil putting the video together. I'm done for the evening and so far it's about 11 minutes long. I'd cut it down but i dont want anybody to feel bad if I leave out their bird. So I figure a couple bucks a cd for whoever wants one?

No problem ........ Just let me know what you need and I'll send you the bucks!

i just got done crunching all of the numbers from this weekend at Club Clash V ........

This was my record setting run:

R/T 0.117
60' 1.998
330' 5.998
1/8th 9.318
MPH 73.26
1000' 12.182
1/4 Mile 14.601
MPH 93.55

All catagories except mph are a new record for the car. My best mph of the day was in the next round ..... it was 95.35 and it is now the cars new best!

Here are my averages for the day ... based on 9 runs.

R/T 0.12775
60' 2.037125
330' 6.083625
1/8th 9.438875
MPH 72.925
1000' 12.332375
1/4 Mile 14.769875
MPH 93.29875

All I keep thinking is, "Why couldn't I have done this in St'L last weekend too ...........

Mike, congrats!

In a word Mike, preperation, preperation, preperation. I always try to get to a test and tune and practice before a major event. There is not too much worse than not being able to do your best when it really counts.

Course, who am I to talk? I'm the one who couldn't hit 3rd to save his life. LOL

XR7 Dave said:
Mike, congrats!

In a word Mike, preperation, preperation, preperation. I always try to get to a test and tune and practice before a major event. There is not too much worse than not being able to do your best when it really counts.

Course, who am I to talk? I'm the one who couldn't hit 3rd to save his life. LOL

Thanks Dave,
Let me start by saying that I was very impressed with your performance at the Shootout!!!

My big problem in St'L was traction ..... I just had the wrong tires, plane and simple! After the rain, the track cooled off, and then all I did was sit and spin! :mad: (2.8 at 60')

I had my Nitto's on Sunday at Club Clash and the car hooked up great every run!

You're right though, preperation and practice is the key. I'm going to work on my lights this winter. I have a friend that runs a "Top Dragster" in IHRA and he has a practice tree in his rec-room. He says I can come over and use it to work on my reaction time.

It has really helped him ...... I went to the IHRA Summer Nats last year and watched him. He cut three .502 lights in a row and in the semi's he cut a .505

He broke out or he would have gone to the finals. BTW, the cars runs 7.14 to 7.20 at 185+ ...... He's moving up a class next year and he will be running about 750 hp with nitrous. He's looking for mid 6's out of it.

I'm working on a website for his racing team, so I'll send you a link when I get it done. He has some sweet video of the car. (Think "Wingcam") :D

Back