Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what is needed to run a 17X9 wheel on my car

ok so what you are saying then is that you have something like 1/8 of an inch clearance before wheel weights.

just trying to get info in order, when i go home for christmas i'm going to re-look at the calculations and information i gathered about wheel offsets and the like, and come up with a range of acceptable wheel offsets for the bird, for 17 inch rims.

rolltide, i think you emailed me or something, about different tires front to back. this is generally a bad idea, as it can affect the ABS system. i'm not sure what the tollerances of the system are, but i suppose if the difference is not too much between the diameters then it should be allright.
    thats why i'm running all four with 255's right now. when i get some money, i plan on having 245's in the front with 275's in the back, but the aspect ratios will be different, making the tire diameter the same, front to back.

thanks guys.

jim

Thanks to all

Thanks for the nice pics of the wheels and tires on the car. My main concerns with the 255's were fender gap and having the front tires stick out too far, but it dosn't seem too bad in the pics. I am going to be ordering my 255/50wr17 Potenzas from TireRack.com later this week and getting the polished silver Cobras off ebay. They seem to look almost as nice as the chrome without the worry of pitting. Hopefully the car will not lose too much ride quality.

polished or chrome

Ijust ordered the 255/50WR17 Potenzas for my car ($620 shipped). Now for the wheels. I am getting the ebay special Cobra R's 17x9's. I am deciding between chrome and polished. I have had several people say the polished require a lot of maint just to keep shiny, but on the other hand do you have to worry about the chrome going bad on the chrome wheels. Which are nicer wheels and will look nicer longer in the opinion of any who have had these wheels.