Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: check out my homemade cold air intake...

Originally posted by supercharged95
    Not too shabby for 6 bucks but it's not a cold air intake, it's a hot air intake. It's not a cai until you mount it in your fenderwell or find a way for it to suck up cold air.
    Maybe we should vent off of the A/C and get some REAL cold air.

Originally posted by MN12 KID
    I'd hate to break it to ya, but the clamps on the MAF and TB are useless on the exhaust...err intake pipe...err tube.
    I also did not notice this. There are several ways I can think to fix this, realizing that I can not see pipe diameters very well.

One, either find short sections of rubber/plastic hose with sufficient diameter to clamp to air filter/maf/tube & throttlebody/tube so that the clamp will allow a tight fit, or check the stock hose to see if it can be cut to fit.

Another possibility, try just replacing that metal tube with your stock air hose, or another rubber hose altogether.

In any case from what I can tell your problem lies in the fact that you are trying to tighten the clamp around metal. Instead you want to tighten the clamp around a pliable material (such as rubber hose) and insert the metal tube into it.

well i see most of u guys have ur heads in ur a$$...
    if u guys would of asked... i would of told u that the intake tube and the MAF sensor are connected with a Rubber Connecter. Its about 1 inch wide.. thats why u see both HOSE CLAMPS around it... The thing doesnt loosen up. I checked for that. As for the FILTER being in the MAF yes you are correct... I have fixed that already.

any other stuff you guys wanna try to throw at me?

Well, first one should remove their own cranium from the rectal orifice and wipe off their eyes before a post like that.
    We were poking fun at you - can you take a joke?

I cannot see from the picture you posted that your intake has any rubber couplings on the metal piping. It's not immediately obvious in your picture.

Aaron

Originally posted by darkstar_one
    if u guys would of asked... i would of told u that the intake tube and the MAF sensor are connected with a Rubber Connecter. Its about 1 inch wide.. thats why u see both HOSE CLAMPS around it... The thing doesnt loosen up. I checked for that. As for the FILTER being in the MAF yes you are correct... I have fixed that already.

hahahaha, given your history of posts/threads here I think you should retract that statement, if you were even being serious in the first place.

No offence, but I think he'd get better overall results, from the stock air tube.

Thats what i wanted to know, why would you do such a thing to your intake, hp gains... ?

With the airflow changed like that does the car miss or buck under hard boost...?

6 bucks an hour

cheap ...here's a freebee mod ...cut this line and cap both ends and gain a pound or 2 of boost .....dave

It's been dyno proven, to lose HP on stock SCs.

DarkStar_One,

Why are you being such an asz? These guys were only trying to help you. And yes, I'm sure that you would see more power with the stock setup then that one.

Thomas

nombre mano..

u guys cant sarcasm...

dont tripp i was just messing around with u guys... if i get mad its just for sarcasm... you guys dont have to get postal on me either... just trying to play along.. damn u guys..
    thanx for the support anyways....

Originally posted by darkstar_one

No comment...
    Last edited by MN12 KID; 10-08-2003 at 12:23 AM.

You still haven't answered the question... WHY ?

WHY would you go though all this, risking messing up your intake spending money on something that was working fine, and what really cost $ 6 bucks... The piece of stove pipe... the filter alone was $ 12 the MAF was how much ? And the clamps ?

This left you sitting on the highway once already... do you want to walk home again ?

Just seems useless to me ?

But hey rock on with your bad self

Mark