Rear Suspension Clunk

99GSXR750

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I get a clunk from the rear suspension when going over small bumps or something such as a speed bump. Any input would be great.
Thanks,
Mike

Check Shocks

Mike -

Check the rear shocks at the lower mount. The inner bushing sometimes seperates from the rest of the housing and causes the banging noise.

Grab the bottom of the shock and see if you can move it back and forth. You will see the seperated metal bushing.

Good luck.

Mark
'93 SC

You can check all the shock mounting points for excessive movement or just the shock leaking, but I had a "thocking" sound like you describe every time I went over bumps that were not on the highway. Got new shocks, no more noise. I think I giggled for the next week everytime I drove it considering I listened to it for a little over three years (no $).

By the way, do you still have your GSXR750? I have a 96 ZX6R. I love it. Check out my homepage.

Mike

Hey guys,
Thanks for the help. Hopefully this weekend I'll get a chance to check it out. And yup, still have my Gixxer. Bought it new in 99 and it now has 18.5k miles on it (which is a lot for where I live, SE PA). I don't leave home w/o it!
Thanks,
Mike

Back