Thread: Who had the IC tube gaskets

Who had the IC tube gaskets

I am having a heck of a time sealing my tubes and I think the actual gaskets, not tape, would help me out quite a bit. Who has those, I know I have seen them somewhere.

Tbird88 has them out of Texas. I was looking at them also.

Aaron, you don't need em. Just use an 1/8" bead of RTV orange. Larry

I normally didn't need them either but my tubes keep leaking lately. I think with the torque of my engine, good running for once, is breaking them loose now and I just want that extra little bit of space I need and silicon doesn't quite do it.

They're worth twice what he's asking for them
    Last edited by DLF; 10-07-2003 at 09:08 PM.

Here is a link to his for sale page with contact info:

http://www.datarecall.net/~tbird88/i...rts/4sale1.htm

T BIRDS teflon seals are the best thing to use.I used the RVT orange sealer.
    If you get enough on the IC tubes to insure a great seal,with bad motor mounts.
    When you tightin up the nuts on the IC tubes .The sealer will squeeze out inside
    of the IC tubes and then get sucked into the intercooler and clog up some passages.
    This is just one reason to use t bird 88s gasket.

Randy

ic gaskets

Aaron,

Get the gaskets from TBIRD88. They are reusable, and you don't need to scrape off the RTV every time you remove the tubes. I know because I already had mine off three times since i installed the gasket.

my achy breaky heart...

Originally posted by LarryH
    Aaron, you don't need em. Just use an 1/8" bead of RTV orange. Larry
    Aw c'mon, just because I said your mullet looks funny...

'bird

I made some gaskets myself out of expanded PTFE sheet gasket material that I obtained from W.L. Gore, Inc. This material is similar to the OEM gasket tape, except it's more rigid and durable. It's not really reusable because it compresses. But it works great.

But here's the funny part. When I called about the sample, they were going to send me a standard sample amount, which is about a square inch. Obviously this wouldn't be enough to try the IC gaskets, so I asked if they could send me a square foot. They seemed reluctant but agreed to send it. They included a price list with the sample... turns out the material costs over $2000 for a 48"x48" sheet...oops...

Ok Tbird88, I have a question for you. What kind of jewelry does your girlfriend make? I tried to view the link here at work and it didn't let me go there because it is sex related. Good job, great catch you got there.

Originally posted by Aaron Pedroza
    Ok Tbird88, I have a question for you. What kind of jewelry does your girlfriend make? I tried to view the link here at work and it didn't let me go there because it is sex related. Good job, great catch you got there.
    Hmm...I looked at the front page of her site and saw a few keywords that might've caused a flag.

EXOTIC, TASTE, PHOTOS, and maybe the mention of CREDIT CARDS...

LOL!

'bird
    Attached Images Attached Images