PCM ROM failure code 511?

super red91

When i pulled the codes on my car i got a 511 which is a pcm rom failure. Does this mean that my eec is not working right and i need a new one or is there another problem. When i had my car dyno tuned, they said it might be the maf so i switched the maf to a different one and it didnt do anything unless the used maf i got was bad also. Any suggestions?

ok i thought it would be because of my chip but i wasnt sure. The only problem is that my car runs rich at idle. If i give it gas the rpms will go down and it will bog and then blow black smoke out . Do you think thats because of the faulty maf?

Ive cleaned the maf,and the little wires are still there and not bent or broken. I think im gonna get a pro-m unit and see if that fixes the problem. Do the stock electronics just go bad all of sudden and if so why?

The car was tuned by jerry. Ive taken it back for him to look at it a couple times to fix the bad idle,but the one time he couldnt do anyhting because he didnt have the right equipment and the other time he said that the maf might be messing it up and wasnt able to fix my problem either. I just want to make sure that the problem is the maf like jerry said it might be before i spend $250 on a pro-m unit and have it not fix my problem.

Back