Block advice - before going to the machine shop

Greg,

You can get the multi layer 4.2 gaskets at your local Ford dealer. Ask for a set to fit a 99 F-150 with 4.2. There is a seperate right and left gasket and they cost about $40 each.

Remove the brass rivet from the bottom middle of the drivers side gasket.

David

David,

Thanks for the part info on the head gaskets. I had a few set backs this weekend pulling my engine out. The weather was one of them. I have tomorrow off and Friday, so I hope to pull it out on of those days. I’m in the middle of pulling together my “to buy” list and will be heading down to my favorite for dealer – McMahon. There’s a guy in the wholesale department the treats me good.

Anyway, I appreciate the info. If you have any other suggests, please chime in.

Thanks,
Greg

GREG : When you gasket match the exhaust port.The headers and gasket have a V
built into the bottom or floor.DO NOT MAKE A V IN THE BOTTOM OF THE EXHAUST PORT
Make a straight line onthe floor of the exhaust port and cut the floor of the port straight
accross.This will help reduce revertion in the exhaust.

Foregot to bring that up erlier.

RANDY

cheep rtick when porting out those heads if u really wanan save alot of time and ruined dremmel bits buya a thing of baby poweder and every 30 seconds or minuit of grinding wipe teh bit off and redip intot eh poweder it causesue teh metal to jsut FALL off as u grind .. :p..

Back