Dr. Fred's Website???

I missed something...

i think that sccoa might as well just merge with tccoa at this point.

Meaning???? I guess I am not too familiar with the TCCoA, so the comparison is beyond me...But please fill me in...???

Brad

This thread moved pretty quickly....

"...to be perfectly honest with you deep6, i dont care about your beer and if fred likes it or not, we are talking about business, not what beer he drinks, or who made the beer that he drinks, for all i know he could be out drinking beer on my account..."

Oh, you've started out on the wrong foot with me. It's one thing to give it a good try and tell me that you don't like the way it tastes, but to automatically reject it is altogether something different.

Besides, If you go back to my original message, the mention of hand crafted beers was only really a side comment on Fred's ability to make friends easily. The main crux of my message was the fact that Fred essentially is one of the "founding fathers" of these clubs back when there was NOTHING.

As Andy94SC so poingently explained... back a few years ago, there was nothing. You were lucky to get a peice of crap part here or a retrofitted part from a mustang there. That's it.

I can also say that any of the regular vendors of SC go fast parts are ALL reasonable people. Fred Holzhauer, Rich Thompson, Brian Herron, Paul from BTM, Kelly Simmons, Bill Evanoff, Tbird88 etc etc etc.

Since we are talking about business and what makes business sense, the fact that most big companies refuse to even make parts for our cars says it all, and all of the above mentioned people are insane if they expect to turn a significant profit on such an extreme Niche market. Like others pointed out, Fred does this out of charity. But hey, it's those that are the most charitable that get slapped in the face the most for their kindness.

But based on your other posts, you sound somewhat apologetic for getting upset over lost time invested.

Instead of bickering around in a circle, I suggest that someone in the Boulder, Colorado area seek fred out. For all we know, he could be undergoing Chemo-therapy and he doesn't want anyone to know about it. Also the fact that he "lost" the original cores is something that we do know about. Perhaps the reason why fred didn't tell folks about that unfourtunate situation is because he didn't want to break the trust that folks put into him. Knowing these cars well, he went on a search to replace all of the cores with the proper cores. That could take years upon itself. I couldn't tell you how many times I've asked a junk yard owner if he had a thunderbird SC on his lot, only to find a mass grave of 3.8L Naturally Aspirated T-birds all with blown HG and wiped bearings. I'm sure that finding the cores has been a challenge upon itself.

Perhaps the shop that he uses to grind the cams is having issues. Fred has donated thousands of man hours to our organization. He even wrote a very touching eulogy to the Mullen family when a very dear SC guy passed away last year. So there are a variety of explanations. But from your flurry of angry posts, many members have given you viable options.

I hope you do take some of those members up on viable options. As it is, this club has always been about helping others out with little to no gain to yourself. I hope you will remember this generosity some day, diserved or not.

Oh and Manny SC, NYCRuss and Andy94SC: You Guys are Plain Awsome!!! Never leave!!!

Re: I missed something...

cudaz101 said:
Meaning???? I guess I am not too familiar with the TCCoA, so the comparison is beyond me...But please fill me in...???

Brad

if you dont know what i'm talking about then dont comment

Re: This thread moved pretty quickly....

Deep6 said:

Oh and Manny SC, NYCRuss and Andy94SC: You Guys are Plain Awsome!!! Never leave!!!
a club that i'm proud to be a member of:rolleyes: i'm glad i wont be missed

Josh is it????

Well Josh...If you are gonna open that tight lil' HOLE under your nose in public then ya best speak clearly. You have made an unclear statement in regards to our club so I am thinkin' that you owe an explanation to your comment.

Brad

89 five speed

I got a cam out of the block. I'll send it shipping COD if you want? Way to go manny!
Another steps up to the plate, SCCOA rocks?
Are you proud to be a member yet? LOL

Re: Josh is it????

cudaz101 said:
Well Josh...If you are gonna open that tight lil' HOLE under your nose in public then ya best speak clearly. You have made an unclear statement in regards to our club so I am thinkin' that you owe an explanation to your comment.

Brad

If you aren't aware of the statement I made then you either shouldn't comment or research what I said to verify the statement i made was correct. What I was referring to(the tccoa comment), since you dont want to look it up is that over at tccoa people get flamed(or used to at least) for either 1. doing mods off the beaten path or 2. slandering a "respected" poster on their forum. People just need to grow up. I offered my opinion on dr. fred and what i've witnessed him do to a customer....fine not a customer, but regardless he's responsible for this guy's cam. It would be like if I let you borrow my car to clean and, and you took it on vacation for three months without notifying me. I'm seriously done with this thread though. Feel free to flame me at will.

supercharged95 said:
yep, and you're god:rolleyes:

Have you listened to anything any of the guys have said above you? Manny has even offered a way out to at least one of you that were left empty-handed by Fred. Get off your high horse.

Dude, things have taken longer then you counted on, and you expressed your frustration. Fair enough, now move on. After you finished your first "I'm pissed off" everything else made you start sounding like my little sister.

I bought a Dr. Fred motor, paid for it, and it took 4 months for it to be delivered, even though all it needed was final assembly and shipping prep. You know what I did?

I sucked it up, because I chose to buy from a guy that builds motors as an art form, rather then go to Pep Boys and buy one in a crate.

Get past it. If you were any older then my socks, you'd have realized that "Custom" work always takes at least twice as long and usually costs twice as much as off the shelf stuff, and that guys like Fred aren't in "Business" but just love to work on make people's cars go fast.

Fred's got a great career at a real job. You think talented guys like him need to make an extra three or four grand a year by working on other people's stuff in their spare time? Hell, go to a guy like Chip Foose and throw 200 thou at him, and it'll still take a year or more to get a car built.

If you want instant gratification, go back to Camaroland or Mustangworld and then you can buy every freaking part out of the Summit catalog and have it delivered in 7 days.

lrsudog said:
Get past it. If you were any older then my socks, you'd have realized that "Custom" work always takes at least twice as long and usually costs twice as much as off the shelf stuff, and that guys like Fred aren't in "Business" but just love to work on make people's cars go fast.
Bingo.

Because George would show up at my door with a baseball bat if I say what I'd really like to, I will just tell people to click on Josh's profile, then check out his personal webpage, and you'll probably explain why he is the way he is.

PS: thanks for the compliment. Because Andy, Joe and myself really speak for the SCCOA...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Originally posted by you-know-who
a club that i'm proud to be a member of i'm glad i wont be missed

Take a deep breath!!!

Guys,

I don't think anyone here is disputing that what you've been going through is really ****, but we're saying we know Fred, and if he's not been in communication with you for this long, then there must be a good reason for it. For all you know, you're talking nasty about a dead man. ...God forbid, but I think you get my point.

Fred has been nothing but helpful to a large majority of the membership in this community, and I think we all need to start being concerned that something is terribly wrong in his life right now. ...Otherwise, I'm sure you guys would not be left in the dark like this.

All I can suggest is that you keep trying to contact him, and maybe someone who does live close to Fred can pay him a visit just to check up on him and make sure the guy is alright.

Regards,

Sean

Back