My time to go.....

Bill McNeil

Gentlemen,

It has been an enjoyable few years being part of the club, but it is my time to leave and move on. It has become quite obvious that several people do not want me around, and that I don't get along with quite a few people. The attitudes and opinions of these members don't coincide with my own, which is bound to happen in some cases.

Ed has removed me as a forum moderator, and my times from the fastest list and the dyno list will be removed immediately. Although I did not want it to come to this, I believe it is best for everyone involved. The club has so many incredible people participating, but also has several weeds in what could be a beautiful lawn. I'm sure some people look at me that way also, and that is fine, because the feeling remains mutual.

I've enjoyed serving as events co-ordinator for the club, and have found great success in getting people to attend and participate. This is a very active group, so I hope that Les, or whoever takes my place will try and continue getting people together to do different things. The 1st and 2nd annual Holiday Dinners were excellent, and I hope someone will initiate having a 3rd in my absence. Carlisle will remain a large event, so I hope even more people decide to attend next year. Track Days and whatever else can also be facilitated by Les, or whomever.

I will not turn my back on those of you that have helped me, have been good friends of mine, and those of you that had nothing to do with this decision. I will be keeping in contact with people off the board as often as possible, and will still be posting on SCCoA on a regular basis, in place of the time I spent on the SCCoO forum.

Those of you who still wish to keep in contact with me can email me at any time at bill.sc@rogers.com. Those of you that have MSN can also contact me, and be added to my list to retain contact on a regular basis.

Good luck to you all, in everything you do!

I hope that people will keep in mind that Bill did a lot of work on behalf of the club and it's members, organizing hotel and trip details for Carlisle, dyno days, track days, and other gatherings.

Thanks for your efforts and contribution, Bill.

thx
Ed N.

I have absolutely no clue what's going on. but if it's a very small minority of ppl that dislike you then don't worry about it, don't let a couple ppl you don't mesh with break your ties with the club. just my opinion I have absolutly no idea what's happened..may'be I'm clueless...but think it over man!

like you told me a while ago when I was leaving...

"we don't want to lose anyone"

I'm going to walk thru this one on my tippy toes, ok guys.

Its very apparent that Bill & I never seemed to get along, why, I have no idea, ask him maybe. I'm a very Blunt & honset person, some people find that hard to take. So we didn't get along, oh well, the club is big enough that we could go to the same functions and not even talk to each other. Which was the case at track day.

I think its safe to say that we both, on occasion have gone out of our ways to get at each other, no more him than me.

I was getting very tired of the fact that every meet, or every time I would meet up guys in the club, the issues that the 2 of us had was the topic of converstion.

Bill See ya around, I guess. I can't say I enjoyed the time I spend with you, but I can say I learned a few things from you over the years. I can thank you for that, and I wish you the best in the future.

Last edited:
I feel the club has just lost one of our best leaders and members we could ever possibly have. He not only demonstrated the skills to take this club forward in the world of SC, but the knowledge he shared with everyone was a great asset.

This is real a sad day for the SCCOO

I have only been part of this club for 6 months or so. There are a lot of smart guys involved in it who have given me tons of info and advice. I don't necessarily know you all well nor do I know what this is all about. I think in an organization of any type you will get people who may not get along with each other at all times. One person is not necessarily wrong or right, good or bad. It takes all types to make something what it is. I think everyone is entitled to an opinion and I think people should be able to agree or disagree with each other without that organization suffering the loss of one of it's individual members. I don't know the story here. I'm not interested in knowing the story. Obviously I am an unbiased opinion, and I think the loss of Mr. McNeil as a member of our club would be a substantial one as I believe losing any member of our club would be. Just one SC guys opinion.:(

Think it over Bill.

Last edited:
Don't Do It!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill - I think you should take a break from the politics of the club for awhile and really think about your decision. Even though I'm not the most active member, you have always come to the plate to help me out with diagnosing my SC problems and you are always straight up with any performance enhancements you make on your car. I'm sure I can speak for a majority of the members (OK - I'm going out on a limb here) to say that you are irreplacable to the club with the knowledge you have and the help you have given not only to the SCCOO members but also the SCCOA crew. Take it easy for awhile, pick and choose what meetings and functions you attend, let other people do the co-ordinating of events and hopefully the fun and enthusiasm will come back for you. That's the reason U took an active role in this club, not to get STRESSED-OUT or BASHED on the forums.
Hopefully, we will see a new thread saying you've changed your mind.

Hang - in

Jim (JT93SC) Thomson

WTF

Who cares ..what others think ...Like G.W. Bush ..phuckem all ..Bill
...club is what you make it ...your time ,your energy..your tops in my book for both ...I've felt ...like I've been on the outside looking in for 2 years now ...don't get your self down over it .....dave

Hey I was just gonna lay low and not post for a while until you guys stopped the bickering but now I feel I have to make a post.

Bill, stick with the sccoo, just take it easy for a while, don't post as much. I do this all the time, take time off form the forum, and spend it on whatever you want. Sometimes people take things to seriously, I've always enjoyed friendly banter with you on the board, but I've never felt it was a personal attack. I think alot of people can confuse the two and make things more personal than need be. Anyway if you guys don't step up and put a stop to this dissention the club will be quite the mess, I think it would be quite a shame if all this rivalry leads to the loss of members like Bill and other knowledgable SC enthusiasts. One of the main reasons I've stuck around this board is for the stimulating conversation, with the loss of someone driven to make thier SC perform better than others I think alot of this stimulating conversation will dissappear, and with it probably the better part of my interst in the board will slow.

P.S. - Bill, are you headed to the T+T on the 25th still? If so I may attend, I was thinking about hitting the track one more time this year to test out the new nitrous setup before the snow comes.

As Jason said a sad day indeed for the club. I just like to say
thanks Bill for the various advice and tips you've given me from
time to time. Wish you the best.

Bill, The SCCOO has lost a very valuable member. I know u will be missed up there. Thats the thing about some clubs tho u always get the young guys who wanna run the place. Thats why my post count is so low, I only post when i feel nessisary or i can lend a helping hand. I understand your position and I probably would feel the same as you. Just sux for all those SCCOO guys.

Jay

Last edited:
WOW!

I'm not too sure what happened here. Bill I really enjoyed all your advice--what I deemed as no bull$hit just telling like it is. As I did/doing my modifications I always checked out what you had done always good to see what works and what doesn't especially on the TOP Ontario sc. I hope that you re-condsider! The few times that I did meet up with you I found you to be a wealth of information and a great guy you are/would be a huge loss to the Ontario sc community!

Good luck
Eric

I hoped it wouldn't come to this...

Bill,

It's been a rough ride around here for you lately. Personal differences between you and a few of the other members have resulted in some rather ugly confrontations on this forum. I won't be sorry if I never see that kind of bickering here again, but I strongly doubt that your taking leave of us is the solution. It may have been that you were part of the problem, but IMO you were not THE PROBLEM.

I think that only a few of our members really knew about the full extent of your contributions to our club. You were the first to organize a Christmas dinner, and have done a wonderful job at that for the past two years. You've worked hard to organize club track days, and to encourage all of our membership to partake in these and other events hosted by other individuals (like Jamie Hiscoe and the Ford V6 Challenge). You were the one from our group who called around each year to organize the trip to Carlisle. Through all of this, you tried to please as many members as possible, and to make it convenient for as many as possible to participate. ...That in and of itself is a very daunting task. "...'Cause everyone knows that you can't please all the people all the time!" In your absence, I hope that someone, or some people will step up to the plate, and take on all of these responsibilities. If we lose this stuff, then the club as a whole loses. Somehow I doubt that it will all get done with the same enthusiasm and competence that you did it with. For this, I think the club will miss having you around.

When pioneers of the SC culture like Wayne Ing were yanking the 3.8L V6 motor from their SC's (no offense, Wayne) in favour of turbocharged V8 power, you (a relative newcomer) were looking for ways to take your car to the top of the heap in so far as technology on the stock platform was concerned. At the time you started your revamp project, I don't think there was anyone else in Canada, and probably only a handful of people in the U.S. with the same level of committment to making a V6 equipped SC or XR7 state-of-the-art and fast! You laid out money and time and worked hard to pull together the materials and labour to make it happen and I should think that people would expect less out of a millionaire struck with extreme boredom, much less from a young student like yourself. For these efforts, and the ensuing accomplishments, you were chosen for the NJTACC's First Annual Adam Mullen Award. If nothing else, this helped to gain valuable recognition for the SCCoO. The fact that you were open about the details of your project, and shared the information that you gathered with any and all who asked about it is just a bonus! And for this, I think you will be missed by the club.

You and I have been personal friends since way back in July of 2001 when I first joined the ranks of the SCCoO. I think I've come to know you pretty well over the years, and you to know me. We've had our disagreements, but always remained friends. We've had a lot of good times! I sincerely hope that your leaving the club won't have an adverse affect on our friendship, although I expect it may result in us seeing a little less of each other. For this, I will personally miss you being in the club.

Like many others here have stated, I wish you would reconsider your choice, and remain a part of our group. Whatever your decision, I will respect it.

All,

It would seem that without saying it outright, the message that many of you sent here was that you felt Bill was causing a goodly portion of the grief on our forum, and within our club. It would appear this is why Bill has been motivated to step away, and leave the club. I would argue that Bill was never the only contributing factor in the altercations we've seen here, and that each of us has a responsibility to always think twice about how we treat each other both on this forum, and when we get together as a group. ...Even saying crap about people quietly behind their backs has a derogatory effect on the atmosphere in our club. I urge you to consider that if you've got a problem with someone, and it's a real hangup for you, then you need to confront the issue with respect and diplomacy. Letting things simmer for too long will always result in things boiling over. That's not to say that we should all start being pricks to each other, and slam each other each and every time someone posts or says something that we don't like. We all need to use our better judgement, and find a civil way to approach the problem. I know that takes effort and forethought, but we can't keep on the way we've been as of late.

In stating all of this (and it may appear to be me just 'stating the obvious' to some of you), I'm not trying to suggest that we can't joke around and have fun. There is always a line, and we need to become better at knowing when we've reached that point in a discussion, and not breach the line. To many on the outside looking in, these antics are petty childishness! We, the SCCoO are better than that! We need to act it.

I know the second part of this post has come off like a nasty rant, and I'll apologize for that right now. Maybe I'm not much of a motivational speaker, and a little too much of a realist sometimes (borderline pessimist!), but like many of you, I tend to take this club very seriously, and have invested too much time and money into our cars to sit idly by while our club slips into chaos (much to my wife's dismay!). If nothing else, I hope this post causes a little thought and consideration on the part of each and every one of us.

Thanks for reading,

Sean

I hate to see anyone leave on such conditions but if that's what you have to do, then best of luck.

See you around in the SCCOA and TBU.....and remember, if you ever need a camera man....... :)

I want to believe there is something about the name Bill. Bill Hull, Bill Evanoff, Bill Wheeler, Bill McNeil WOW so many Bill's that have made a big impact on these cars. My name is Rich but I have a brother Bill. Well don't think that fit's into my point. Everyone has something to contribute and Bill McNeil has done more than his share. I remember myself many years ago when the SCCoA was first born and the difference I contributed. Hell I remember when I began the SCCoA web site and now look at it! Bill McNeil the point I am trying to make is you need to make your own descisions. I myself walked away from the SCCoA and turned my passion into a business. Maybe your interested in a franchise??? One thing for sure is you will get to spend much more time with your girlfriend!:D

A

Rich

Well, i'm just gonna come right out and say it...

WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOIN', MAN!!!!

Seriously?!?! Take a break, put the Silencer on stands for a year, spend some time with Krista, think about things, relax, enjoy what life has to offer and THEN see how you feel. Don't just go. I'm sure that it has been more than obvious to anyone who pays attention to the posts and you in person that you've had issues lately, but just because things aren't perfect......I don't know. C'mon, man, leave it for the winter, at the very least.

GUYS, THIS REALLY SUCKS!:mad:

Ya give it some thought there Bill dont just give it up.There's a few things I'd like to see changed around here and I hope I can help change them.Your an insperation to myself and others here so I refuse to except your resignation:mad: :eek: :D :D (Qapeesh?)

Last edited:
Gentlemen, PART I (maximum 10,000 characters per thread)

I will address everyone's comments in order, but first I want to clear a few things up. I am not selling the car, I am just leaving the SCCoO officially. This does not mean I will disappear off the face of the earth. For those that I have been friends with and communicated with up until now, I expect nothing to change. That may require more effort from both side due to the lack of forum communications, but I'm willing regardless. I've met some of the greatest people through this club, and I'm not going to leave them behind because some people don't want me around. I will still read the board now and again, and still post when someone needs help, or as I see necessary to contribute. I will still be at various track events, Carlisle, and other unofficial gatherings and people's houses, etc.

I also think the broader issue that some people may not realize is why things have come to the point of no return, and how we got here. It is not because I turned into a different person in the last year, since I had no trouble with anyone in the club in the previous 2.5 years that I was a member. I feel the greatest precurser has been the "moderator" title I've carried since Ed took over as Club President. That title became attached to my image, and people began to expect something different from me, as though I couldn't act the way the rest of the membership does at any given time. I never wanted to be a "moderator" in the intended meaning of the phrase. I haven't "moderated" anyone the entire time I've held this title, and it was never my intention to do so, even though the opporunity certainly presented itself.

It's not as if I went around editing people's posts and deleting threads because I didn't like what I was reading, and then turned around and stirred my own chit, thus creating a hipocritical scenario. The only reason I held the "moderator" title was because I was an events co-ordinator, and I needed the ability to stick and unstick threads to the top of the board, and occasionally merge threads regarding events that were of the same topic. NOTHING ELSE! Meanwhile, I'm often to referred to as a "moderator" that should be "moderated", when that was clearly not my function. I have always left the administrative duties on the forums up to Ed, because I believed he was in the position of true "moderator", and was the only one to exercise that power. Soooooooo, people continually complained to Ed that they didn't like what I was posting on the boards, mostly connected to the fact that I was in a perceived position of power, which I assure you was not the case. I don't like a lot of things that I see posted on the boards by certain people, but I never complained to Ed about it, because each member is entitled to use the boards within its limits and guidelines, as outlined in the posting rules from a few months back.

Moving on...I'd like to thank everyone for their positive comments. Unfortunately, my mind is already made up, and I will be leaving the club indefinitely. I will reply to what each person has said seperately under a quote from their text. I really have appreciated some of you posting in my defence, but as you all know, the damage has been done, and I must remove myself from this environment due to certain people. You'll all notice that my name has been officially removed from the DYNO and FASTEST list already, as per my request. I hope you all understand.
I have absolutely no clue what's going on. but if it's a very small minority of ppl that dislike you then don't worry about it
Alex,

I'm sorry you missed most of the back and forth that took place, but everything has been conveniently deleted, so people like youself who don't read the boards as often have to miss out on certain information. I apologize for that, but there isn't anything I could do to help or prevent it. According to Ed, it is more than just a few people who don't want me around, so that seems reason enough to me. I don't want to stay where I'm not wanted, or be a burden to anyone, or the club as a whole.
Bill See ya around, I guess. I can't say I enjoyed the time I spend with you, but I can say I learned a few things from you over the years
Ryan,

I don't know if you'll see me, but I will certainly be around. I'm glad to know you learned something from me along the way, as I've tried my best to give you and others all the knowledge I retain, and held nothing back (unlike other members of this community). I enjoyed helping others just as I received help from so many of you. I have certainly taken more from the people of this club than I have been able to give back up until now, but me leaving does not mean I won't be returning that help where it is owed.
This is real a sad day for the SCCOO
Jason,

It is only a sad day for the club because a contributing member feels the need to leave. It is a sad time for me also, because I considered the club part of my life, which will now be absent. I will still be dedicating any time that I can to help out members, but will not be integrated in the club itself anymore. I don't believe in the mentality, and I don't believe in club's current direction. Change needs to be made over time to adapt to changing conditions and a growing membership, and change is being refused. That is a sad fact in itself. While change is resisted, the pot will continue to boil, with or without me.
...and I think the loss of Mr. McNeil as a member of our club would be a substantial one as I believe losing any member of our club would be.
Dean,

I appreciate your comment. I believe it is very said to have to leave like this, nevermind leave at all. If really isn't my true wish to leave this great community, but enough people have voiced their opinion to Ed that they don't like my conduct, or the way I represent the club, so I'm making a decision to try and benifit everyone involved, and allow the club to function the way Ed wants it to. It was a pleasure meeting you at St. Thomas, and if you ever need anything, please don't hesitate to ask, and I will do what I can to help.
I think you should take a break from the politics of the club for awhile and really think about your decision.
Jim,

Thank you for your comments. To be honest, I've been considering stepping away from the club for a while now, but expected to leave on better terms that this. It seems I don't agree with the politics, yet end up in the middle of them, and end up being labelled the "instigator" because I get involved in every thread. You made some excellent points, and I appreciate what you had to say. Unfortunately, I will still be leaving the club as a member, but will still be here for you, or anyone else I can possibly help. I still plan to get to Cayuga next Saturday, so make sure we touch base about meeting up ahead of time, and get our times straight! See you then.
...club is what you make it ...your time ,your energy..your tops in my book for both ...I've felt ...like I've been on the outside looking in for 2 years now ...don't get your self down over it .....dave
Dave,

Thanks for your nice words. The club has been a big part of my life in the last few years, and I've enjoyed almost every aspect of it very much. I looked forward to meeting up with everyone, and sharing time on the forums. It becomes part of your day, as most people can relate. You've helped many of us in many ways, Dave, and you've offered your help many times. Hopefully I'll be able to take you up on certain offers, and help you out in any way I can. I still have that tranny crossmember for you, so if you can make it out to Cayuga next Saturday (not tomorrow), I can give that to you. Keep in touch!
Anyway if you guys don't step up and put a stop to this dissention the club will be quite the mess, I think it would be quite a shame if all this rivalry leads to the loss of members like Bill and other knowledgable SC enthusiasts.
Thanks Sabby,

I appreciate your input, as always. We're all glad you've stuck around even though you don't have the SC anymore. The SC doesn't really die in any of us, I don't think. I'd like for us to keep in touch also, and head to the track whenever we can. I'm still planning to hit Cayuga on the 25th, so make sure we make solid plans before then. We can drive out from my area or something. I agree the club carries a certain shame at the moment, but it will pass if everyone can get along. Talk to you soon!
thanks Bill for the various advice and tips you've given me from
Andrew,

It was my absolute pleasure. Anytime you need to ask me something, feel free. You have been a great new addition to the club, and I hope you don't get discouraged, and keeping working on that beautiful 1995. You've got an eager group willing to help, so keep moving in the right direction. Let me know if I can't help also. Keep in touch...
I understand your position and I probably would feel the same as you. Just sux for all those SCCOO guys.
Jay,

Thanks for your support! I certainly enjoyed you popping into the SCCoO forum now and again. I hope you continue to do so, because we all like having the US boyz around whenever possible. If you are at Carlisle next year, or if I can make a meet that you and the NJ crew are attending, I'm sure we'll meet again! Until then...keep in touch.

Last edited:
PART II
Bill I really enjoyed all your advice--what I deemed as no bull$hit just telling like it is. As I did/doing my modifications I always checked out what you had done always good to see what works and what doesn't especially on the TOP Ontario sc.
Eric,

I sincerly appreciate your input. I enjoyed the time we spent in person also, and having you on the boards when I was involved. I hope you will still come to the track next Saturday, and that we can keep in contact. I am often in Barrie to visit my grandparents, so we should meet up and have a beer sometime. if you need any help or advice, just let me know. Your car is going to be a beast one day, and I can't wait!!! Let me know about the track.....
It may have been that you were part of the problem, but IMO you were not THE PROBLEM.
Sean,

Thank you for pointing this out. I feel the same way, but other don't seem to at this point in time. As always, you have been my best friend on the forums, and within the club. I can't tell you how much that has meant to me, and you know that nothing between us will ever change. In fact, we'll likely be getting together at least once next week, so I'm not worried about this affecting us much. In my opinion, you are the best member this club has ever had, and I'm sure most people realize that. You are the #1 reason I have stuck with the car, and been devoted to the extent that I have since we met. I appreciate everything you have done for me, and will continue to try and make it up to you whenever I get the chance. We'll talk soon.....
I hate to see anyone leave on such conditions but if that's what you have to do
Steve,

I don't want to have to leave like this either, but it seems to be the position of the club that what I bring is not always wanted, so I'd rather keep the peace and step away. I wish people had approached me personally rather than dumping on Ed all the time, because that wasn't fair to him at all. I guess that is just the way some people are. It's a shame really. I will certainly be seeing you around, and hopefully meeting up from time to time. For the record, I'd like everyone to know that Steve is the one who started my website, and began setting it up, even without me knowing. He surprised me one day with a mock format already finished, and I have built on it since then. Steve walked me through the entire process, and was a great help! I appreciate your efforts, Steve, and hope we can keep in touch also. Take care! (come to Cayuga, if you can)
Everyone has something to contribute and Bill McNeil has done more than his share.
Rich,

Thanks a lot for jumping in on this. I know you don't get involved in the board much, but your comments are appreciated. You have been a great help and influence to me also, so I'd like to thank you for that. Especially for all the inside info on the SC world you have told me over the years (mostly when you were drunk, but whatever). Krista and I both enjoyed spending time with you at Carlisle over the years, and I hope to see you again next year! Fix my wheel-hop, and we'll be friends forever! :p Talk to you soon....
WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOIN', MAN!!!!
Andrew,

I'm not selling, as I said, so don't panic just yet! It will still be stored over the winter, as always, and will hopefully be coming back in the spring even faster and meaner than ever! My spirit is not lost, my friend, but the spirit of the club has, in my opinion. I think you are one of the clubs best members, and I have appreciated all your help also! I couldn't have done that tranny pull without you, and I will never forget it. Let me know when you need someone, or even want to work on your car at my house. No problem, brutha! I've got your number, you've got mine....don't forget it.
There's a few things I'd like to see changed around here and I hope I can help change them.Your an insperation to myself and others here so I refuse to except your resignation
Greg,

I agree for sure. Unfortunately, change doesn't seem easy around here these days, so good luck with that. I certainly hope we stay in close contact, as we have been partners in Canadian 3.8L crime for some time now! I LOVE IT! I hope we can continued to make progress together, and keep making more power together! As for speeding tickets....we have to stop doing that together! Talk to you soon...call me anytime.

Last edited:
PART III

In closing, I would like to thank everyone once again for what they have given me over the years. The friendships, the helpful hands whenever needed, the technical knowledge, and the do-anything attitude that most of the club's members have always had towards me. It has not gone with notice or acknowledgement, and I have never taken it for granted.

In trying to help others, I have always tried to be open and honest with everyone about my car so that others could learn from my mistakes and make better choices as a result of the things I discovered along the way. I could have easily gone into seclusion, and taken the route of secrecy...shutting everyone out from my project, and not been willing to help others based on my experience. That is exactly what the club doesn't need, but unfortunately, still retains in some form. This attitude and approach should be frowned upon in a community like this, but for some reason, it is currently praised and respected. That, I will never understand. I hope one day people will look back and realize this.

That's all for now......

Back