Another Idling Problem

cstemm

Alright my car will not idle, i just swapped engines and now the thing won't idle at all, before it started up and really ran bad, after the engine warmed up it seemed to idle ok...i ran the codes, and they were: Throttle Position Sensor (low), Air Charge Temperature Sensor Circuit Open, Coolant Temperature Sensor Circuit open, and EGR Valve Position Sensor out of Range (low), after i read all those i went out and got a Throttle Position sensor thinking that was the problem, i put it on and now the car wont run at all...and i get a new code Throttle Position Sensor out of range (high), does anybody have any idea what is wrong, and how i can fix this thing and get her back on the road....any help would be greatly appreciated...
thanks
curt

Air Charge Temperature Sensor Circuit Open, Coolant Temperature Sensor Circuit open,Make sure these sensors are connected first, if they are then look for wires that may have gotten cut or broken during the engine swap.

after i read all those i went out and got a Throttle Position sensor thinking that was the problem, i put it on and now the car wont run at all...and i get a new code Throttle Position Sensor out of range (high), does anybody have any idea what is wrong,Put the original sensor back on and start trouble shooting all over. There is an order to take when trouble shooting the system and it should be followed or you end up chasing your tail. You have 2 codes telling you that 2 sensors are not connected to the system fix that first and all codes may go away.

Back