will 92 engine fit 94 with 94 supercharger

lostsoul74

ok, finally back in town after a year on the road, now to finish these projects. so the question of the day is...... i've got a mint 94 sc pearl, well, at least she was, till last year when a 300 pound icicle fell on hood and damaged fender, then a week later blew teh engine. So the first step is the engine, i've found a 92 sc for parts that someone bought for the blower, so can I use the engine and use my blower???? what problems am I gona have, direct bolt ons. etc ... and how much horse power difference is there. i've got a 94 auto sc swapping with 92 standard sc. thanks gents.

Can do

You can use the 92 in place of the 94. Blower is direct exchange and use all the 94 intake, maf and tb. Use your 94 36# injectors and all the 94 sensors. You must use your 94 harmonic balancer and crank sensor and DIS. That pretty much is it, maybe something I missed but would be minor issue. Basically if in doubt use the stuff off the 94. Good Luck, John

I forgot

You should have close to the 94 horsepower with all the 94 bolt-ons, possibly down a very few hp due to slightly different cam.

Well what did you blow in the engine so bad that you need a new one? Headgaskets shouldnt be real bad. The 92 engine should work, just use all the upper components from the 94 and youre gonna need to either use a 94 harmonic balancer or switch the crankshaft sensor rings on em (cant remember what exactly the deal is with that, hopefully someone else knows better).

If you need any help wrenching, Im also in Rochester, although Im pretty busy. Id always be willing to help a couple hours on weekends though, especially to get some experience tearing down an SC.

-Travis
Opal Frost 95 5-speed SC
14.871@95.45mph

Back