How Many People Would Buy A K-member

Hey Randy,
I'd be interested depending on the timeframe. i am entering my dead season in the next couple of months so money will be tight.
What did you have in mind for a time frame?

Skip

Exactly how much farther back can the engine move. When I look at mine it is already almost touching the cowl.

Well when I pulled my motor I could get my hands back there pretty easy to take out the tranny to block bolts. I dont have small hands.
I'm sure you could move it back a minimun of 1" but I think you could move it more.
Moving that much weight even just 1" would make a difference.

Randy!

Consider me interested.
My car will be set up for 1/4 mile racing, and I am looking for anything to help out in my 12 second project. I am like Mr. Leforrest because the timeframe would be a factor with me too. I would definately need it by next summer. I will watch this post closely.

Dirtybird91

yeah, but what about the cowl. Wouldn't it have to be cut to clear the plenum if the engine was pushed back.

1BADSC said:
yeah, but what about the cowl. Wouldn't it have to be cut to clear the plenum if the engine was pushed back.

Another benifit of this K member would be you could also LOWER the engine also thus lowering the center of gravity on the car.
Lowering as well as moving the engine back would take of most if not all clearance problems if any existed.

Got ya. Any lower though would make for some interesting parking lot manuevers. Have to avoid dips, bumps, large pot holes, and heaven forbid the neighbors cat try to dart out infront of the car. :)

Randy and Mike y'all working on this together?

Sure I am interested n one. Hey sledge hammer can rework the firewall. haha. Cut holes for bolt access, and use inserts for plugs. NASA allows a little bending of the firewall.

Someone said more of a tube type for road racing. Hmm But I guess I will run tube from cage to top of frame rail. Was thinking of tube for strut mount unless K member eleminates the need for the tower. Would be nice to have the side free of all that sheet metal for better engine access.

If new spindles are you talking from a Mustang or new ones with spindle a little higher up? Just want to keep in mind those of us who want car low. I run on a very smooth track.

I guess I can get various spring rates on coil over you are looking at. Will it have plenty of camber, etc adjustment?

Personaly I would like it to be set up for a no-power sterring rack. Have no idea what kind yet. Everytime I get started looking I get distracted with my job.

I might add, I don't know how universal you care to make it but some may be interested in V8 set up. TCCoA guys and others who are doing more extreme mods. Seems we are going to see some interesting cars in the next few years, as we have already. Cars are old enough now. Hmm wonder too if we will see an engine stressed in frame, solid mount? jk

Last edited:
Doug Franklin said:
Randy and Mike y'all working on this together?

Sure I am interested n one. Hey sledge hammer can rework the firewall. haha. Cut holes for bolt access, and use inserts for plugs. NASA allows a little bending of the firewall.

Someone said more of a tube type for road racing. Hmm But I guess I will run tube from cage to top of frame rail. Was thinking of tube for strut mount unless K member eleminates the need for the tower. Would be nice to have the side free of all that sheet metal for better engine access.

If new spindles are you talking from a Mustang or new ones with spindle a little higher up? Just want to keep in mind those of us who want car low. I run on a very smooth track.

I guess I can get various spring rates on coil over you are looking at. Will it have plenty of camber, etc adjustment?

Personaly I would like it to be set up for a no-power sterring rack. Have no idea what kind yet. Everytime I get started looking I get distracted with my job.

No Doug....snif..snif....Randy hasnt asked me to join him...snif..snif..:( LOL!!! Just kidding Randy. Seriously though this is Randy's project, I of course would be glad to contribute anything I could to his project in order to help. Randy knows how to involve me should he see a need for assistance.

You know at first I thought the K member would be a good idea but didnt think it would fit into my plans very much but that has changed now. I am starting to really get interested in this. The more I look at this the more I'm realizing how much it does fit into the theme of my SC project. Can you imagine how much more room you would have to work on things under the car with that K member? That is just 1 of the advantages I see, and there are others but that one alone has really gotten my attention.;)

Back