It’s About To Happen!

gldiii

SCCoA Lifetime Member
Already has Happened!!!!

Open For Business! (On 10/31/03 at 3:40 PM EST)

We have been working very hard here in the background at the SCCoA and this weekend it will be time to open up the Member Only areas of the board. I have finally gotten confirmation notices and member numbers sent out to everyone that I could track down. If you have paid dues before 10/27/03 and have not received an acknowledgement from me, then please email me at gldiii@iname.com with your name, forum ID and method of payment.

For those of you who are former TBSCEC Members who have had your membership transferred to the SCCoA in the merger, you may have noticed that the date provided for the expiration of your membership on the recently sent confirmation notice does not match the date previously stated on the email sent by Dave Neibert when you were asked if you would permit your membership to be transferred. Given the delays involved in setting up the Members Only section of the SCCoA website, we felt it only fair to extend the date of expiration of membership. We have made an executive decision to start all memberships received so for on 11/1/03.

Ron is also pretty much up to date in setting up the member pages. Most every member should now see a member’s page link, member ID number and “Current Member” annotation by their names in every post.

Along with opening up these converted technical forums from the TBSCEC and a few surprise new forums, we have developed a set of rules and purposes for all of the forums sections. Duffy Floyd is responsible for the bulk of the work on that project (Thank you, Duffy!) and the moderators have gotten a chance to comment on the rules over the last week or so. These rules will also be posted as the new forums go live this weekend. Please take some time to read over the rules when they are posted. This is something that many people have wanted for a long time. It should make both the poster and moderator’s job much easier in the long run. We will apply the same rules to all forums; only the subject of the posts can be different in each forum.

Myself, Duffy Floyd and Ron DiPaola currently make up the “management” team here at the SCCoA. Duffy accepted the position as co-administrator as part of the merger with the TBSCEC. Ron of course has been the long-time (or was that long time suffering?) webmaster for the SCCoA. Over the next year we will be working with all of you to setup a real elected leadership of the club. Still a ways to go, but we hope to keep on target for the 1/1/5 date for that to happen.

Membership has been going extremely well. We have close to 300 members and they keep coming in via PayPal and snail mail. There must be something to these cars to attract that many people willing to pay dues for a club that is still evolving! In the next couple of weeks, I’ll publish a full accounting of all of the club’s money in the “Member’s Only” forum area.

Hopefully, we can reach a good compromise between the public and private sections of our boards so all SC/XR7 owners may participate in whatever level they choose. Ron, Duffy and I are committed to making this the best community for our members and visitors. We have more changes planned for the future.

Please feel free to respond to this thread if you have issues or comments about this site and board. We will also have a “SCCoA Discussion” section in the new board areas so everyone can participate.

Thank you for your continued support.

Back