Intercooler fan? I think????

Mark B. White

I have a 94 thunderbird SC with a 5 speed. The car is basically stock with the exception of a removed air silencer, K&N filter, and a B&M ripper shifter. My question is did this car come stock with a intercooler fan?? Mine has two fans, one inside the engine compartment that is the main fan and another on the front side of the intercooler, this one is smaller. I think this is an intercooler fan! My friends 93 doesn't have this fan. My other concern is that I have never had this fan kick on, when should it come on?? What could be wrong with it???

Intercooler fans were never a stock item. This has to be aftermarket...BONUS:) I just took a small electric fan out of an early 80' Nova that I'm gonna used on my IC.

You can have it hooked up one of two ways. Either with a On/Off toggle switch in the dash(that's what I'm gonna do). Or a temperature activated fan.

Why it's not running I don't know. But, first investigate how it is hook up and what the electrical routing is.

Later,
Metalman

I think youre mistaking your ac condensor for your intercooler. I believe 94-95 scs had a small fan in front of the ac condensor and radiator. I dont think you can even see the front of the IC without loosening that boot.

-Travis

94-95

The 94-95's came with a puller and pusher fans. This was meant to improve cooling for the RADIATOR!!! The intercooler is the black piece that has the tubes bolted to it. You can get an aftermarket fan for these and it does help.

Don

Back