Front Mount IC VS Flipping blower

stephens89sc

what would give more gains ?

ive done a bit of reasearch on front mount ic setups and i like the idea of that but im wondering what just fliiping the blower around would do ? if i flipped the blower around and modified the lower intake manfold to fit the upside down blower would this make considerable power gains? would i have to use an intercooler or could i just forget about it had have the blower fire air directly into the lower inake manifold?

also if i flipped the blower around then the fill plug would be upside down .... woudl i be able to flip the actuall casing of the blower and keep the front nose of the blower upright?

what are some thoughts on just flippin the blower and not using an intercooler?

"Manny the Inverted"

"Manny the Inverted" is the person to talk to about inverting the blower. He built one.

One of the SC guys in my area has removed the IC & tubes and having a bybass tube custom made. He's conecting the SC outlet directly to the manifold. that would be easier than all the custom fab. necessary to invert the blower.

68COUGAR

what are some thoughts on just flippin the blower and not using an intercooler?

I think it's a step backwards from the stock setup unless you add a liquid IC. Like Manny said, you can only run about 8 pounds of boost without an IC.

David

Back