Anyone upgrade to a Mark8 from SC and regret it?

Mark 8

Just have to jump in on this one , we just sold our 97 Mark about 5 months ago. Absolutely great car , my wife gave me a run at a light one time, it was too close for comfort ! We sold it for a Merc Grand Marquis LSE ( at least it has bucket seats and dual exhaust). The real deal here is I just put down a deposit on a wrecked 97 LSC at a local junk yard , at first the deal was for the front half of the car because I wanted the trans , engine, wiring, and computer. Now he is going to let me take the whole thing home to strip it and then return the carkess. I plan to install motor, trans, ect. in my 35th that has 269,000 miles on it. I really feel this will be an enormous project for me but I think it will give me the best of both worlds. Hopefully I can get this done by the spring , so if anyone out there has an advice please feel free to email me. I am sure I will need all the help I can muster. Good luck on your decision on buying a Mark 8 .

The only way I'd buy a MArk 8...

Would be if I had mAad loot.

That being said, when Said loot is deposited in bank, I'll be purchasing one of the 97-98 Mark 8's and then getting a 03' Cobra motor and 6-speed. Custom driveshaft, custom work done to get the shifter to work along with the clutch pedal.

that would be the starting point.

Oh and one other thing. Think of the Mark 8 as the "ultimate" evolution of the MN12 platform. By the time the Mark 8 came out the SC was already winding down in production. MN12 engineers had 4 years of MN12 real world experience to improve the Chassis for the Mark 8.

There are many things that they did to the chassis (such as the extensive use of aluminum suspension) that actually allowed many Mark 8's to be equal or lighter in weight than many SC's even though they were loaded with heaps more luxury equipment.

i dunno throw some 4:10's in it a KB twin screw and you can call up Coy Miller and tell him to kiss your tailights cause thats all he will be seeing.

and fwiw id go the 96 lsc route. from my experience thats the most sought after mark out there. and its the fastes out of the box.

Vic ~ That info on the 96 is inaccurate. ... 98 Ivory is the hardest to find in the Collectors Edition.. .. And the 97-98LSC are .25 quicker than the first generations.

Anthony

Well i'd love to have a Mark 8 but not at the expense of my SC, if i could have one of each i would!. My experience with my SC is that IT is a very reliable car..........i've had no problems with mine , it's got 118,000 miles on it. I do know that the Mark 8 has even more electronics than the SC does, but like i said i've had no problems with the SC so i would not be scared of a Mark either.....

One of my buddies just sold his 89 SC 5 speed and is looking around for a Mark 8, so we'll see how his experience is...

98 Ivory is the hardest to find in the Collectors Edition.. ..
That's not true either. The 1998 Spring Feature car is the hardest to find, with less then 150 being made.

Thomas

Back