New Mexico SC & XR7s

Keith91SC

I'm having a hard time beleving that Darkside and I are the only SCers in N.M. or at least the only two that I have seen posting on the board . I dont know if there is enough of us to start a chapter or not it would be cool to hear form others though.

Well Keith, there are two others that I know of, both in Las Cruces, they are Kurt Sunday, and RichM. I have exchanged emails with both of them. They are both part of the SCCoSW I guess. They just had a meet with the AZ boys and gals this past weekend. They invited me to go but it was kinda short notice when I talked to them. Anyway, hopefully more will reply.:D

Opps, just saw this.

Yep, There are a few SCers in Lost Causes (Las Cruces).

My family lives in Albquerque and I head up quite often... well I did but the bird is down for an engine rebuild.

When all is backtogether and broken in I want to head up to ABQ and do some runs at the drag strip, It is the only place I have a decent baseline run from way back. I'll try and let you guys know when the time is near.

Rich M

hey guys, i finally made it here. i sent you an email cause i couldn't get on the forum for some reason the other day. i still need to do my motor mounts badly so let me know if anyone can help. thanks hope to meet ya's soon. - jeremy

I will look you cruces guys up when i go down there. i used to work at holloman AFB so i went to cruces quite a bit back in the day.

I was just starting to wonder if there were other SC owners in NM. I just bought my white 90 SC a couple weeks back (I decided muscle cars aren't daily drivers). I live in Albuquerque too so there's no commuting necessary.

That was mine. (Tears)That is a nice car. Shoot me an email, we are having a T-bird meet on May 15th from 6-midnight at the Albuquerque dragstrip. Me and NMxr7SC are going to be there tomorrow as well. Same times. Show up if you'd like, and I can give you lots of info about that car. It is solid though, don't worry about that. I'm so glad it went to somebody who will appriciate it.
Email is zonaboy@comcast.net

Darkside said:
That was mine. (Tears)That is a nice car. Shoot me an email, we are having a T-bird meet on May 15th from 6-midnight at the Albuquerque dragstrip. Me and NMxr7SC are going to be there tomorrow as well. Same times. Show up if you'd like, and I can give you lots of info about that car. It is solid though, don't worry about that. I'm so glad it went to somebody who will appriciate it.

Darkside, The motor is back in the SC as of 5-5-04. I still have some details to work out before I try and start her up. Tranny fluid, exhaust, coolant, double and tripple check everything else. I hope to have her running Thursday night (5-6-04). And get some miles on it friday if work doesn't get in the way (damn space shuttle's return to flight program).

I'm trying to get to ABQ/Santa Fe for the Sante Fe century bicycle tour on the 5-16, but it all depends on if I have enought miles on the car to try a highway run. I would like to have at least 1000 miles on the new motor before I run at "75mph" ;) or 3 hours.

It's possible I will be able to make the drag's but I won't be running the car. I want a few thousand miles on the motor before I hit the dyno or the track.

Sounds good Rich. If you could make it that would be cool, whether or not you run the car. Let me know if you're going to come. :D

Unless I'm forgetting something very important, I'll most likely meet you there. I was planning on going that weekend anyway. So hopefully I'll see you there. Oh and I'd appreciate whatever information you may have about the car. As I keep checking things over I find that you had done some custom work (the cold air setup). And maybe my Cobra R's will be in by then. ;)

NMxr7SC said:
we'll be there tonight. i will be there by around 7pm

{insert expletives} Damn high pressure power steering line. Had to order it today. The motor is in it runs nice, after a little plug wire snafu that Kurt Sunday helped me though. But, she is spitting power steering fluid all over the place. The fitting to the pump is fragged and the whole line needs to be replaced. My work schedule is going to get in the way of the repair. So, the point…. No track day for me, sorry guys. When I do get her up and running I plan on heading up to ABQ and cruse Montgomery, hunting for some unsuspecting ricers.

SCollord90 said:
Unless I'm forgetting something very important, I'll most likely meet you there. I was planning on going that weekend anyway. So hopefully I'll see you there. Oh and I'd appreciate whatever information you may have about the car. As I keep checking things over I find that you had done some custom work (the cold air setup). And maybe my Cobra R's will be in by then. ;)
are you going to the track saturday the 15th? darkside and i plan to be there around 5:30.

NMxr7SC said:
are you going to the track saturday the 15th? darkside and i plan to be there around 5:30.
I'll be there but unless my rims come tom. or maybe early sat. I wont be running my car, the tires have no tread left on them. So I'll see you there around 5:30.

where are you all meeting 5-15-04?

Darkside said:

Darkside, are you all just going to meet at the track? Or someplace before you head to the track? I should be in ABQ around noon saturday. I have a little running around to do when I hit town but "might" be able to get to the track. Also it's been so long since I was there (yikes 4+ years) do you know what the entry fee is? Also, we are talking about the drag track behind the airport, right?

Rich

P.S. if I make it don't laugh at the car, she still drips power steering fluid and I haven't had an oportunity to wash her. :eek: Work bites. :p

yes, it's the dragstrip near the airport. it's $6 for spectators and $10 if you want to race. darkside and i are meeting there at 5:30. i will talk to him today to see if he wants to meet up somewhere before. there's a few others coming so that might be a better idea.

Rich, if you would want to meet somewhere in Alb. before we go I could meet you there and you can follow me to the track, or if everybody wants to meet up before we go same difference. Let me know.

Back