!!!HELP!!! Aftermarket CD Player

wazmunstr

let me tell you guys what i did before i ask you whats going on...

my car has premium sound. and last year i cut the premium wires without knowing what i was doing. that was the first stupid thing. and besides, the factory amp was shitting out. anyways i bypassed all the wires that were going from the stereo to amp to speaker, straight to speakers instead... and i drove about 10 mins and all the speakers went out...

so i figured it was the headunit (it was a ****** jensen anyways) and i bought a new pioneer and i connected all the wires, everything came on, but the speakers STILL wont work!

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! tell me what im doing wrong and how to fix it... sucks driving with no tunes!

thanx in advance

do you guys think maybe i blew out the speakers? the jensen was a crappy cd player but it was 45wx4... i'm thinking this is what happenned... the speakers are the factory ones from 1990, the year of my t-bird...

If any of you new wiring is touching ground somewhere, this could be shutting down the new unit. Check all your connections to be sure. Did you run wires from the back of the deck to the connector at the factory amp, or did you run wires through the car to each speaker? Was the wiring new? And was is speaker wire, some like to use 18ga. solid conduit copper. Give some of these a try. The odds of blowing all the speakers at once sound skinda odd. You can check each speaker individually by using a battery, and tapping the leads of each speaker to the battery - +. When you do this, you should get a pop. Make sure the speakers arent connected to the radio when performing the battery trick.

hey thanx man... i actually just did that and yeah one of the wires were touching the body of the car... BAM! they all worked... man if you only knew how happy that made me... all ive been having in this f00king car is bad luck with audio... thanx again man!

Back