I Broke My Rad

Jeff

Guys,

I was changing my upper rad hose when i couldn't get the end that connects to the rad off. So of course i pulled as hard as i could and i rip off the part that connects the hose to the rad!!!!!!!

Anyone have a steel rad for sale??? I don't want the plastic one as i hear it is not good as the steel.

I will swap my broken one for it if you want!

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff, if you have a brass tnnak rad(which if my memory is correct, you do), then as Jason has pionted out, you can take the rad, along with the part that broke off, to a rad shop. This should be an easy fix for them. I would recommend that you look into a re-core of that old rad. I remeber it being in not the best of shape. A re-core, if you go to a triple core, then you will get better cooling, and everything will line up still. This should run you in around $250-300 range, and would take a few days.

next time, get a small flat head screw( I mean small, like for eye glasses) and just go around the edge of the old hoses, "breaking" it free from the rad. With the heat, and the pressure of the clamp, those hoses can get "stuck" on.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Ryan,

I would go get the rad fix but, i just signed my mortgage papers and i'm about to move into my house on the 15th and by the way my house is 2 blocks from the devils harp :eek:) beer at my house before the meet :eek:)!!

actually i'm looking into buying a newer car cause i think i'm going to store the bird for a year or two and rebuild the engine and put a paint job on her.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff, I have a rad from a 91 auto SC. I haven't gotten around to cleaning it up, but I should get you through until you can get your other one fixed. Let me know if you are interested.

Dale

Good for you Jeff, I hope the house will be everything you dreamed it will be. I look forward to "pre-drinking" at your place before the next meet at the harp.

That maybe be a good idea about letting the bird sit, and build it up over time. Having one of these cars and adding all the modds you want can be costly, never mind getting to run propperly before all the mods go on.

Back