SC Help Needed Urgently

B

blkSC

I ran into a guy whos selling a 89 SC for parts, it has a 5 speed trans, and a freshly rebuilt motor with head work. I cant afford the car (1500), but he's willing to part it out. Does anyone know how to pull the engine on the SC or has done it before ?

It's just a lot of wires -n- stuff. Make sure you label EVERYTHING you pull out! THIS IS VITAL! If you unplug something, have a label on it. Cap off all tubes/hoses/intakes....dont' want any bugs or such trying to make a home in that new engine.

You can do it one of two ways. Pull the engine up and out (through the hood area) or drop the front suspension. If you pull it out of the hood area, you'll have to remove the hood.

Overall it's an easy job, just lots of work to get it accomplished.

first time I took my sc apart I labeled everything and made a vidio to look at.

Re: hey al

just replied, send me more info i have class today until 6

al

Need help pulling engine

If i do manage to make a deal for the engine, could i jedi mind trick anyone in helping me pull the engine ?

Re: Need help pulling engine

I'll help pull the engine, I need some misc. parts also and possibly a 5 spd swap. Where and when?

Mike

Re: Need help pulling engine

Seats Seats!!! I would like to buy the seats. Lets me know man. Also I can help pull the motor if it is on the weekend.

Pictures

HEY ALL, i went to check out the parts car, and boy does it look promising. how do i post pictures on this board ?

Re: Pictures

Ask and you shall receive!

red_parts1.jpg

red_parts2.jpg

red_parts3.jpg

red_parts4.jpg

Re: Pictures

As stated on the email I would REALLY like to get the spoiler too. :)

One thing blk mentioned was the prices of the parts. It might be better for one of us in the group to purchase the car (whomever is gonna get the most parts and has the room) and then sells the parts off the car from there.

I don't absolutely need the tranny, clutch pedal assembly, master cyclinder, driveshaft, wiring harnass.

I would like to get the shifter boots (both of them) and the spoiler. If the power antenna is cheap I'll buy that too. Mine has a nasty "tick" sound when it extends or retracks. :-(

I'll put up 500 to 600

I we get a group of guys and put in say 25-350 each we can walk away with the car and a great parts car. Btw, thats my blk SC parked across the street ( aint she purrty).

Re: I'll put up 500 to 600

I'm in for 350 if I can have the seats... Don't need much else though. Maybe the read disc brake setup for my LX... I dunno

I'll match

I'll match your 350 all we need now is 300 more. I'll put more if i have to, but its not urgent that i buy the engine. I would be willing to just take the heads or something.. or the SC. BTW, the rear seat had a tear in it.

BTW...

I'm selling a 1990SC AOD, Arcadia area. Semi-rare dark blue color too. If anyone's interested...probably could part it out but I'm looking to dump it as a hole. I'll post pics, etc. this weekend.

Re: I'll put up 500 to 600

shiet, im sure the guy would be willing to come down on the price, but its really not a good idea IMO since some of us would benefit more from the car than others :lol: and i speak for myself needing more parts than some of you :) if the guy is willing to aprt it then let him store it and see it get stripped, it seems liek a really nice car for a 89 tho, nice spoiler and the paint is in really decent color, i swear if i had the moeny it would make a decent second car, maybe the baron would buy it, he already has 20 other cars why not one more???

anywho, dis, abs, seats (mechanics), and the exh manifolds would be my choice, oh also cant forget the 89 air silencer, that there is one performace piece of engineering

nice car dood that black sc is nice, wher abouts do you live u say?

al

Re: BTW...

no problem man. I'm keeping my seats in the rear of my LX. I just want the front seats and the rear running gear (pumpkin to the discs)

dseidner- How much are you looking to get?

Re: BTW...

well, im kinda low on funds right now, damned visa and mc got most of it!!! so if the guy can wait for it, i may put in a few for it, if not, whoever gets it i can purchase off of them!

al

hey

Okay now we getting somewhere. Hopefully we can get more people in on it.

Back