Why you are not a paid member of the SCCOA?

wezar

I am wondering why we have so few paid members at the SCCOA.

Membership for a year only costs $15.

I have owned my SC for a little over a year and I can't count the number of times this place has saved me on a technical issue.

I know they don't update your status right away after you join; but for those of you who have benefited and frequent the board often but choose not to join. Why not?

hmmm......well i was a paid member for 2 years when it was $40.00 and now it's 16 bucks.........i'll keep my money thanks anyway

why Join when I can use the 15 dollars to spend on gas .

Plus there are members out there with more than one membership. I know I have more than one but rarely use them. See alot of guys use more than one member name because they are cowards who think they know it all and can't stand to be wrong or corrected so they post again in an attempt to make themselves look more respectable or sway opinion. kinda like voting for the dead..... I think this is bad for the SCCOA and feel that everyone should be a paid member of course this is why we have the members only section which by the way hardly gets any use and is boring Yet it is suited for the far more serious player who doesn't want to be insulted or ridiculed by a bunch of crazies with way to many memberships and opinons and nothing else to do. just my 15.00 worth.. Besides what fun would the boards be with out shock value it makes for far better reading . I like to see anger and opinions ......

People have many reasons for not joining. Probably the biggest one is that everyone is selfish and if they can't see a benefit directly for themselves they won't pay for anything. $15 is nothing even for a college student. However, people are not seeing a direct return on investment so they won't do it. I think that is shallow personally but each to their own.

I think if the club gets organized and starts to return benefits to the membership then people will be eager to sign up. I think that this BBS is only a small part of what the club can offer. I think that the club could charge $100/yr for membership and people would pay it if there were a real return on the investment. That would take a lot of work on the part of the club (which really is nothing other than a web page at this point) so don't hold your breath.

I am not a member because I really see nothing other than the website to show for the money.

I personally was thinking of joining the SVTOA which is a lot more money, but it offers many meetings and even sponsors exclusive track time.

If the SCCoA were to do this, even though they would have to boost the cost of membership, it would be a big improvement and I for one would certainly sign up.

There is no reason for people who post here all the time not to be a member. We dont have much, but we do have a place to get info and chat. I will be willing to pay your membership, if you help me wrench on the car for at least a hour.:D

It's only $15.00.....

I wish membership was always this cheep, but even if it were still $40.00 a year I'd pay it! This site has saved my butt in sooo many ways and for everyone who thinks this site runs its self and takes it for granted is wrong, I have found out so much about my car from this site and the people on it that if I didin't have this site I'd still be strugling with the many little problems our cars are plauged with on a daily basis. Thank you wezar for pointing this out, heck for how much stuff I already buy and spend money on to keep this car running the tech support is well worth it. I also have saved enough money by not buying parts I don't need thanks to simple advice from other members and non-members that fixes the problem with a little WD-40 and a pair of needle nose pliers that I could have bought a lifetime membership!

Sure this club does'nt have meets all the time, but again, we are not as large of a crowd as Mustang or import owners and are spread kind of few and far between making it harder for us to organize scheduled meets. I have found that finding and sometimes creating a local chapter has made this club a bit more localized and is making meets possible for more members. The Florida Chapter has became so much more active in the last 6 months that we now have our own web page created by one of out members. http://my.fit.edu/~jjanney/sccosweb/index.htm We are trying to create scheduled meet dates and even a day where we can get together and do some repairs on our cars.
I for one will gladly pay the membership fee when renewal time comes around.
SC Ya,
Greg Roll

Not everyone still owns an SC, although some of these non-SC owning people do like to "post again in an attempt to make themselves look more respectable or sway opinion". :rolleyes:

I was just avoiding signing up because I didn't have a CC until recently... and Snail Mail is too 90's for me.

It's well worth it to sign up, in my opinion. I imagine the $15 barely covers the price of the domain name, webspace, and monthly bandwidth.

It's rediculously cheap for all of the information that is at our "finger tips."

Stop being cheap. :)

seeing as i could literally drop off my payment to george i think i should do that. i have no excuse to not be a paying member considering i live in the same city as the owner. Im going to put it on the top of my to do list tomorrow:D

" your check is in the mail ":cool: :D

p.s. - maybe we should have a little thing below our avatar that says we are a paying member? or is that what the member # is all about?(just noticed)

im a dummy:D

Why am I not a member? Cause I forgot and I just signed up now.
Props to you for starting this post and reminding me.

hwycoper said:
The $15.00 membership fee is far less than what I spend for coffee and doughnuts. :D

Mark

If you spend $15 on coffee and donuts a day, you may want to invest that $15 elsewhere first... like a new suspension, or a gym membership. :p

I had said

Well, before this post was even up, I had posted that MEMBERSHIP HAS IT'S PRIVILAGES". I am a member because when things happened to my car, people were nice enough to help over the boards and help me.

Also, if people don't pay, GUESS WHAT.....NO SCCOA!!!!!!! Who was the moron (excuse my french) that said that I get no return on my money. Wait until the car won't start, or you need a hard to find part and THEN SAY THAT!!!!! You have got to be kidding me....That has got to be the stupidest statement I have heard in a while. No offense, just that the people like Ron DiPoala and George spend SOOOOO much time and effort on this for you to say that $15 is too much??????!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, now that I am pissed, I will also say that many of us here would not know any of the others without the SCCOA. Information here has been INVALUABLE to me in the past. I have gotten and will continue to give knowledge to others that need it. I just think that $15 is not a lot of money to spend on a website that could very well help you in the future.

Nobody seems to understand that this service COSTS MONEY!!!!! Heck, don't go out one night partying and put it here.

Sorry for blabbing on, just this subject ruffles my feathers......

Don

PRESIDENT OF THE NEW JERSEY THUNDERBIRD AND COUGAR CLUB......modelled after the SCCOA........thank you!!!!!

Don

I agree with all the posts about joining. It's the best 15 bucks I've ever spent. I've been a member (I think) since 96 and I thought 40 bucks was cheap! The amount of knowledge base here about our cars is phenominal. Anyone who doen't sign up should sell their SC and not be priveledged to drive such a fun car.

Back